Saturday, March 30, 2013

Starters

Title: Starters
Author: Lissa Price
Genre: YA, Sci-Fi, Mystery, Thriller, Adventure, Mystery
Content: Some Violence
Series: Starters and Enders #1
Rating: Owl

So this will be my first ever review on this blog!!! This is a review I wrote a while ago, but I thought I might as well post a review on a book I really liked right away. So anyways, here is my breakdown of the book.
THE PREMISE
Callie squats in a building with her seven year old brother and her friend Michael. They are both minors and are not allowed to work so they must scavenge what they can. Getting food and even water is extremely hard to do. If they are caught, they could be put into the institution, a place where unclaimed minors go. So when the marshals come and kick them out of the building they are forced to run. With no place to go and all of there possessions are gone, Callie has one choice, she must go to Prime Destinations where she can rent her body out to the Enders, who are old people. (people live way into their 100's in this time) When Callie wakes up at the Enders house and learns she has only rented her body for a week when she should have rented it for a whole month, she realizes something is wrong. After a voice in her head tells her not to go back to Prime Destinations things start to change.
This book was awesome! The premise was great, the character were great and the ending was so surprising!
THE PROS
1. Callie was an amazing heroine! She was facing her fears to ensure that her brother could live a better life.
2. Helena, Blake, The Old Man, Micheal, and Tyler were great they had depth and great personalities.
3. The mystery as to why everything was happening took such a drastic twist at the end, left me desperately waning to read the next book!
4. The Villain was awesome, he was creepy, yet you wanted to know more about him.
THE CONS
1. I highly doubt that taking down a corporation sponsored by the president would have been that easy, but I get why the author didn't want to write about how long it took them to win against the evil corporation.
2. The ending raised some serious questions and I don't know how I'll make it to the next book!
OVERALL
This book definitely made my top reads of 2012!! Lissa Price is an AMAZING author, like super awesome. One of the best things was I really didn't see the end coming. Normally in a book I can figure out at least part of what will happen, but in this book my mouth dropped open! LITERALLY!! I was shocked! I really can't wait for the next book to come out! That's the other great thing there were a planned two books. It's not gonna be a trilogy!! That makes me so happy! (Even if it was a trilogy I would still read the books. I just feel that so many authors are dragging out their series forever!
WOULD I RECOMMEND THIS BOOK: YES
WOULD I BUY THIS BOOK: YES
WOULD I REREAD THIS BOOK:WITHOUT A DOUBT
WOULD I READ THE NEXT BOOK: YEP!!
WOULD I READ OTHER BOOKS BY THIS AUTHOR: DEFINITELY, I LOVE HER WRITING STYLE
AM I HEAD OVER HEELS IN LOVE WITH THIS BOOK: WHO WOULDN'T BE!!




OWL=FIVE STARS







So tell me, do you feel the same way about Starters by Lissa Price as I do? Or are you thinking about how crazy I am? Seriously, I want to know!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you leave a comment, about anything really, you will make my day, maybe even my week if it's a really great comment! =D Anyhow I will try to respond and if you have a blog, leave me the link! I would love to check it out!!