Title: A Girl Named Digit
Author: Annabel Managhan
Genre: YA, action, Adventure, Realistic Fiction
Recommended for 14 and up
Series: Digit #1
So this book has been on my TBR list for a while, but I'd never gotten to buying it.. So I finally bought it and OMG, this book was good. No, I'm lying. This book was so fanfreakingtastic, that I wanted to jump up and down and scream. So now that my total and complete love for this book has been established, let me break it down for you.
Farrah "Digit" Higgins may be going to MIT in the fall, but this L.A. high school genius has left her geek self behind in another school district so she can blend in with the popular crowd at Santa Monica High and actually enjoy her senior year. But when Farrah, the daughter of a UCLA math professor, unknowingly cracks a terrorist group's number sequence, her laid-back senior year gets a lot more interesting. Soon she is personally investigating the case, on the run from terrorists, and faking her own kidnapping-- all while trying to convince a young, hot FBI agent to take her seriously. So much for blending in...
(Summary from Goodreads)
1. Awesome characters. I loved Digit and John and also Digits friends, even though you didn't hear much about them.
2. Digit's evolution. Since I don't want to give to much away, I think that a lot of times in a book you don't see the evolution of a character until it's over. In this book you see Digit gradually changing and becoming her own person instead of a mirror to others.
3. Digit's parents. Gotta love those supportive parents!!
4. The bad guys. So yeah I kinda did see that one coming, but still he had a good reason.
5. The danger. I love the whole pressure thing. Like everyone's gonna die if you can't do this. I thought it was unrealistic they would put it on Digit's shoulders to crack all those codes, I mean the FBI and CIA do have code breakers, but I totally get why the author would have Digit do the heavy lifting.
6. The Math. Who doesn't love math, Seriously!!
7. The ending. Who doesn't love the sweet ending!!
So yeah I do have more pros, but since listing them all would take forever I won't.
1. I normally feel like I have to list at least one con, but I am making an exception for this book.I guess the biggest thing would be is how they were always talking about how she wasn't 18 yet. That didn't really detract from how much I love the book, but it kinda... I don't know threw me off in some of the situations.
This book was epic! I loved it, as you can see above.This book was full of so much epicness I was shocked. So in all I loved the character interactions, the action, and the epic awesomeness!Thank You Annabel Monaghan and please keep writing!!
WOULD I RECOMMEND THIS BOOK: OBVIOUSLY BECAUSE IT IS TOTALLY AWESOME!!!
WOULD I BUY THIS BOOK: ALREADY DID AND I SURE WON'T BE RETURNING IT!!
AM I TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY IN LOVE WITH THIS BOOK: DUH
WOULD I READ THE NEXT BOOK: YES
WOULD I READ MORE BY THIS AUTHOR: EVEN IF IT WASN'T MY THING I WOULD STILL GIVE IT A GO!!
Fav quote: "For years I've gone to bed gazing up at the eternal question: WHAT IF THE HOCKEY POKEY IS WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT?"
Okay that is the end of my gushing, and I think YOU should read this book!!