Monday, April 1, 2013

Altered

Altered (Altered, #1)Title: Altered
Author: Jennifer Rush
Genre: YA, Sci-Fi, Romance, Action, Adventure
Content: The characters kill people with guns, violent.
Recommended: 14 and up
Series: Altered # 1
Rating: Owl

Okay, I went into this book not expecting an amazing read. I had liked the premise and then I decided to try the sample. I started reading it and couldn't put it down and immediately went an bought the book. This is one of those book that keeps you up until one in the morning. The only reason I was able to put this book down was because I was sick, had wake up at five the next day, and had a test, but I put it down with a huge regret. The next day I came home and finished it right after school! So let me break this book down:
THE PREMISE
When you can’t trust yourself, who can you believe?

Everything about Anna’s life is a secret. Her father works for the Branch at the helm of its latest project: monitoring and administering treatments to the four genetically altered boys in the lab below their farmhouse. There’s Nick, Cas, Trev . . . and Sam, who’s stolen Anna’s heart. When the Branch decides it’s time to take the boys, Sam stages an escape, killing the agents sent to retrieve them.

Anna is torn between following Sam or staying behind in the safety of her everyday life. But her father pushes her to flee, making Sam promise to keep her away from the Branch, at all costs. There’s just one problem. Sam and the boys don’t remember anything before living in the lab—not even their true identities.

Now on the run, Anna soon discovers that she and Sam are connected in more ways than either of them expected. And if they’re both going to survive, they must piece together the clues of their past before the Branch catches up to them and steals it all away.

(Summary from Goodreads)
THE PROS
1. Action packed. There was a lot of action and not much sitting around, the characters were always doing something. I loved this, and it kept my attention! I get bored with books extremely easily, but a book like this is unputtdownable.
2. The characters. Ahhh, I loved them all. Anna was fun and sweet and smart. Sam was mysterious and I was dying to find out his secret. Cas was funny and hyper. (That's my kind of person!) Trev was the good guy. And Nick, well he's just Nick. I really didn't like him at first, but by the end I tolerated him.
3. THE TWIST. OMG I did NOT see that coming! Was that just me? But anyways... I was like What the heck! Then I started to jump up and down, then I went into shock, and then finally I picked up the book and continued reading. You might not be able to tell what the twist was because there were several, but there was one big one that just blew me away!!
4. The concept. I've read similar concepts like this, where there are people being experimented on who then escape. (The Sphinx Project) The way that Jennifer Rush wrote this was amazing! She had great twists and turns and used a great concept to make an awesome book!
5. The bad guys. I love having characters that I am freely opened to hate.
6. The cover. The cover fits the book so well. The whole tree on Sam's back plays such an important role throughout the book.
THE CONS
1. I'm dying to know what happens. It wasn't a cliffhanger, but it was like OMG what are they gonna do now?!
2. The above con was my only con. I love when I hate basically nothing about a book! :)
OVERALL
I really liked this book. Basically everything about it made me think it was more and more awesome!
WOULD I READ THIS BOOK: YES
WOULD I BUY THIS BOOK: YES
WOULD I RECOMMEND THIS BOOK: YES, although if death and guns really bother you,then this book is probably not for you.
WILL I READ THE NEXT BOOK: WITHOUT A DOUBT
WOULD I READ OTHER BOOKS BY THIS AUTHOR: YEP
AM I HEAD OVER HEELS IN LOVE WITH THIS BOOK: YEAH!!!!!
OWL=FIVE STARS

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you leave a comment, about anything really, you will make my day, maybe even my week if it's a really great comment! =D Anyhow I will try to respond and if you have a blog, leave me the link! I would love to check it out!!