Friday, April 12, 2013

Angelfall

Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)Title: Angelfall
Author: Susan Ee
Genre: YA, action, Adventure, Angels, Romance, Sci-Fi
Series: Penryn & the End of Days #1
Rating: Owl

So many people are so quick to right off a book because it's self-published......WHY???? Several of my FAVORITE BOOKS EVER (including this one, Compis, The Scourge, Untraceable, you get the point) were self-published. And people are always saying that they won't read self-pub. books because of grammar errors and other stuff like that. (I'm really going to have to write a post on this topic) Okay, that was a huge tangent. Back on topic now, If you've heard that this book was AMAZING, then that person who told you is very trustworthy. BECAUSE THIS BOOK IS EPIC!!!

THE PREMISE
It's been six weeks since angels of the apocalypse descended to demolish the modern world. Street gangs rule the day while fear and superstition rule the night. When warrior angels fly away with a helpless little girl, her seventeen-year-old sister Penryn will do anything to get her back.

Anything, including making a deal with an enemy angel.

Raffe is a warrior who lies broken and wingless on the street. After eons of fighting his own battles, he finds himself being rescued from a desperate situation by a half-starved teenage girl.

Traveling through a dark and twisted Northern California, they have only each other to rely on for survival. Together, they journey toward the angels' stronghold in San Francisco where she'll risk everything to rescue her sister and he'll put himself at the mercy of his greatest enemies for the chance to be made whole again.

(Summary from Goodreads)
THE PROS
1.) Penryn. I LOVE HER!!! I'm not even exaggerating here. She is so awesome. She loves her sister and will do anything to protect her even if that means walking into an angel stronghold. She's an amazing fighter......AND JUST AWESOME.
2.) Raffe. So I'm not a big angel an. (Although recently I've been on an angel kick.) I think the only angel I can say I've liked is Unearthly. So I was worried I might not like Raffe. BUT I couldn't have been more wrong!
3.) The action. There is so much going on in this book and it's so fast paced.
4.) The uniqueness. This idea seems so unique and different!! I've never read another book that attributes the fall of the world to angels.
5.) There was NOT long monologues about religion. When I read a book inner monologues (especially religious ones) can kill the book for me. (Cough cough The Dead and the Gone)
6.) Okay truth is I think I loved practically everything about this book.
CONS
NONE
OVERALL
I LOVED Angelfall and can't wait for the next book in this series. By now you may have heard about how good this book is but never picked it up. Thinking something like, its not my style or it looks boring. Are you crazy?! Just read the book.
WOULD I BUY THIS BOOK: YES
WOULD I READ THIS BOOK: YES
WOULD I RECOMMEND THIS BOOK: YES
WILL I READ THE NEXT ONE:YES
WILL I READ MORE BY THIS AUTHOR:YES!!!!!!!!!!!

OWL=FIVE STARS

3 comments:

  1. I heard a lot about this one a few years back and then it fell off my radar, now I'm finally properly considering it thanks to your review. I've been reading some fantastic self published stuff lately, like Slammed, so I think I'm more open to that than I was previously.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES, YES, YES!!!! You kind of just made my day!! =D I feel like so many people never giver self-published a chance because of some of the awful ones out there, but there alwasys some amazing finds!!! Thanks for commenting!! :)

      Delete
  2. Hey, you have my favourite style of blogging: to the point and enthusiastic. I absolutely adored this book and World After! Penryn is one of the scariest and funniest fictional people I've ever encountered.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment, about anything really, you will make my day, maybe even my week if it's a really great comment! =D Anyhow I will try to respond and if you have a blog, leave me the link! I would love to check it out!!