Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Being Jamie Baker



Being Jamie Baker (Jamie Baker, #1)Title:Being Jaimie Baker
Author: Kelly Oram
Genre: YA, Sci-Fi, Action, Adventure, Super powers, Romance
Series: Jamie Baker #1
Rating: Owl
SEE THE TRAILER: I love this trailer, it is possibly the best ever!
Let me begin with this, I LOVED THIS BOOK!! This was the first book I've read by Kelly Oram and I have since read others! I really liked this book, Like everything about. I'm one of those people who disects books. I study all the different aspects and the Pros and Cons. And I normally always find flaws! (What can I say, I'm critical) Because of the complete awesomeness of this book my review format will deviate from the norm.
THE PREMISE
Jamie Baker is an ice queen because of an unfortunate incident involving power lines and toxic waste. No one talks to her or tries to help her out. So when Ryan Miller, the most popular boy at Rocklin High, asks Jamie to kiss him for a bet, both of their live are changed! Jamie must learn to trust and Ryan must earn her trust. Sounds good right?
MY THOUGHTS
I found nothing wrong with this book and it will definitely be one that I will read time and time again. The characters are interesting, they have depth. Every charater seems to have something to hide. I loved the dialogue. Ryan and Jamie's conversation kept me laughing which wasn't such a good thing because I was up at three in the mourning reading this and my parents would not have been happy! (Thank god they didn't wake up:) ) I really liked this book. Kelly Oram stunned me with her humor and great characters and made me want more!!
WOULD I RECOMMEND THIS BOOK: WITHOUT A DOUBT
WOULD I BUY THIS BOOK: YES WORTH MY MONEY
AM I HEAD OVER HEELS IN LOVE WITH THIS BOOK: UMMM..... DID YOU READ MY REVIEW, I'M NORMALLY NOT SO NICE!!
WOULD I READ THE NEXT BOOK: YES, 2014 is so long away!!!
WOULD I READ MORE BY THIS AUTHOR: YEAH she's awesome!!
Fav quote: ""Here's the thing," Ryan finally began. "If I can't get you to kiss me by the end of lunch, then I have to let Mike take Becky Eastman to homecoming, and I already made dinner reservations at her favorite restaurant.""


OWL=FIVE STARS


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you leave a comment, about anything really, you will make my day, maybe even my week if it's a really great comment! =D Anyhow I will try to respond and if you have a blog, leave me the link! I would love to check it out!!