Saturday, April 13, 2013

BEST BOOK QUOTES EVER

So you know when you read an amazing book and there are so many things you love about it. Maybe you remember the characters or the action, but for me, sometimes a quote can make a book for me. From most of my favorite books there is always at least one quote that stands out. So I decided to compile my absolute favorite quotes together. Anyways...... Here they are.

1.) "I will never forget you," Sophie whispered. "I will always remember you," Josh promised.
The Enchantress by Michael Scott.
 And that quote just.......I can't even describe its epicness.

2.) ""Green, always green. I could never find just the right green, though. Apparently there are more than forty shades of green."
"Green's a good color," Prometheus said, his broadsword resting lightly on his right shoulder. "Don't get me wrong: I like red. But I've always been partial to green.""
-The Enchantress by Michael Scott
It proves my theory that green is amazing.

3.) "When in doubt, follow your heart. Words can be false, images and sounds can be manipulated. But this"- he tapped his chest, over his heart- "this is always true."
Once again from The Enchantress. If you haven't figured it out yet, I love this book.

4.) "You know," someone said off to my left, "I usually find a blocking spell to be a lot more effective than yelling 'Bad Dog,' but maybe that's just me."
-Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins
 This quote is hilarious and really shows the books humor.

5.) "I don't even know what a whoopie pie is, she'd written back. And I work in a sweet shop. So I have a feeling you're making that up.
I'm not, he responded. In fact, I imagine that all towns in Maine are paved with whoopie pies."
-This is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith
 Amazing, isn't it???

6.) "For years I've gone to bed gazing up at the eternal question: WHAT IF THE HOKEY POKEY IS WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT?"
A Girl Named Digit by Annabel Monaghan
 Yes, yes, yes!!!! Why has no one thought of this before??? =D

7.) "Now that I've found the way to fly, which direction should I go into the night"
-Matched by Allie Condie
 It's actually the opening sentence which, just makes it so awesome!!! (Although as a whole, I disliked this book.)

8.) "Then Bovril crept up beside his head, seeking warmth against the chill that pushed through the ships windowpanes.
"Mr. Deryn Sharp," the creature whispered into his ear."
-Goliath which is part of the Leviathan series by Scott Westerfeld.
This series is probably the BEST steampunk that I've ever read!!!

9.) "Happy Hunger Games and may the odds be ever in your favor."
-The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Yep I just had to put the one in there.

10.) "There were different kinds of strength. I knew that now. It didn't always come from the knife or a willingness to fight. Sometimes it came from endurance, where the well ran deep and quiet. Sometime it came from compassion and forgiveness."
-Enclave by Ann Auguirre
The evolution of Deuce=Epic moment in the book!!! :)

11.) " "Who do you think keeps this country safe so you can sleep at night?"
"I don't sleep most nights. And to be honest, Your Grace, I don't feel all that safe.""
-The Girl in the Steel Corset by Kady Cross
Oh, how I love Finley!!! AND Griffin!!!

12.)  “I don't know. I don't actually remember anything from before the surgery."
His eyebrows rose, his blue eyes sucking in all the light of the room. "The cybernetic operation?"
"No, the sex change."
The doctor's smile faltered.
"I'm joking.” 

“Vanity is a factor, but it is more a question of control. It is easier to trick others into perceiving you as beautiful if you can convince yourself you are beautiful. But mirrors have an uncanny way of telling the truth.” 

-Cinder by Marissa Meyer
Both of these quotes are AMAZING!!! Aren't they???

13.) “No one should live forever," I whisper. "Isn't that how it goes? There must be a balance. No birth without death. No life without tears. What is taken from the world must be given back. No one should live forever, but should give his blood to the river when the time comes so that tomorrow another may live. And so it goes.” 

“Love makes you weak. It distracts you from the important things. It can make you lose sight of the objective."
-Origin by Jessica Khoury
How very true for the first quote and for the second, every time I read that quote .....It really makes you wonder...

14.) “Each day means a new twenty-four hours. Each day means everything's possible again. You live in the moment, you die in the moment, you take it all one day at a time."
-Legend by Marie Lu
Awwwww. So true, just take it one step at a time!!

Okay, I could go on listing quotes from amazing books all day, but I won't......

So what are your favorite quotes???

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you leave a comment, about anything really, you will make my day, maybe even my week if it's a really great comment! =D Anyhow I will try to respond and if you have a blog, leave me the link! I would love to check it out!!