Monday, April 1, 2013

Blood Red Road

Title: Blood Red Road
Author: Moria Young
Genre:YA, Dystopia, Action, Adventure, Post Apocalyptic
Content: Fighting, Death
Series: Dust Land #1
Rating: Owl


When I began Blood Red Road I was..... Apprehensive, to say the least. The narrative of this book is unique and something which is basically incomparable to any other book I've read. When I first began the book I kept picking it up and then putting it down and then picking it up again. Why? For the reason that it has gotten so many amazing reviews and people simply seem to love the book, but I found the language hard to adjust to. So many times I read a book that has gotten phenomenal reviews and I end up having my hopes dashed. This was not the case.

THE PROS
1.) Saba was amazing. She was so flawed and yet at the same time she managed to handle most of the situations that came her way. She was determined and I loved almost everything about her including her cluelessness.
2.) Emmi. I just loved her!! She was so determined and added some fun to the book. At the end, (if you read the book you know what I'm talking about) I was so mad at her and it did end up taking away some of my love for, but I understand why she did what she did. (I made it sound as if something bad happened, but it was nothing that bad, she was just being stupid.)
3.)The setting and world building were amazing. I loved Saba's journey and the setting was really unique feeling. The whole time I read the book, it kind of reminded me of Holes by Louis Sachar. I don't know why, it wasn't that similar but it somehow did.
4.) Jack. Just got to love that guy. Although I am curious as to how old he is. I don't remember reading that part and I know in the sequel, in the first couple of pages he was talking to someone and saying he was too old for Saba who's 18. So my question is how old is Jack?
5.) I have to admit at first the writing threw me off but I grew to love it and found it easier to interpret.
6.) The action!! I love a fast moving fun book and this book filled my requirements.
7.) Okay, I love the paperback (The one that's red), but I am not a big fan of the original one. It's too BLAH... I think that the red one is a better representation of how I see the book's setting.
THE CONS
1.) THERE ARE NO QUOTATION MARKS!!!! I did not like this. It was so confusing and it made the book harder to read instead of it being an easy read. Grrrrr. I've read on other book like this (The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake, which I disliked) and it just ruins the flow of the book as you try to distinguish thought from actual speaking.
OVERALL
I adored this book and can't wait to get my hands on the next one. ;) This book was spectacular. Five out of five stars.
WOULD I READ THIS BOOK: YES!!
WOULD I BUY THIS BOOK: Yep
WOULD I WOULD I RECOMMEND THIS BOOK: To all post-apocalyptic lovers who enjoy action!
WILL I READ THE NEXT BOOK: WITHOUT A DOUBT!!!



OWL=FIVE STARS


Check out my new rating system for explanations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you leave a comment, about anything really, you will make my day, maybe even my week if it's a really great comment! =D Anyhow I will try to respond and if you have a blog, leave me the link! I would love to check it out!!