Monday, April 1, 2013

Don't Turn Around


Don't Turn Around (PERSEF0NE, #1)Title: Don't Turn Around
Author: Michelle Gagnon
Genre: YA, Mystery, Thriller, Suspence, Action
Content: Some violence and weird expiriments
Series: PERSEFoNE #1
Rating: Owl

Going into this book, I was pretty sure I was going to like it. I mean come on, it’s got an AMAZING concept and that opening scene was fantastic, to put it mildly. The question then was; how much am I going to like this book? The answer to that was A LOT!! So here is my breakdown of the book.
THE PREMISE
Sixteen-year-old Noa has been a victim of the system ever since her parents died. Now living off the grid and trusting no one, she uses her computer-hacking skills to stay safely anonymous and alone. But when she wakes up on a table in an empty warehouse with an IV in her arm and no memory of how she got there, Noa starts to wish she had someone on her side.

Enter Peter Gregory. A rich kid and the leader of a hacker alliance, Peter needs people with Noa's talents on his team. Especially after a shady corporation called AMRF threatens his life in no uncertain terms.

But what Noa and Peter don't realize is that Noa holds the key to a terrible secret, and there are those who'd stop at nothing to silence her for good
.

(Summary form Goodreads)
THE PROS
1. I loved Noa. She was a great character with lots of depth. I love how the author gave her a reason to react to the situations as she did. So many times you will read a book and wonder why a character chose to do that instead of doing the more logical thing. I also loved that she was a great hacker.
2. Peter. He was pretty awesome, too, though he was nowhere as near as awesome as Noa was. I liked him and his story.
3. The concept. This was a great concept. I loved how they were trying to figure out why Noa was in that lab and also how they used their hacking skills to get things done!
4. The other characters. I loved how evil some of the characters were and all of the different personalities.
5. The writing style. I loved all of the descriptions and the flow of the book! I could not put the book down!
THE CONS
1. There was so much death. It seemed like so many people, including a character that felt unnecessary. A lot happened before the book started, like Peter’s brother and Noa’s parents, but it was just a bit much.
OVERALL
I loved this book. I was fun, fast, and a great read. There was not a lot that I found wrong with it. (Not that I was really looking) I was a really great read and I can’t wait to read the next one in the series!!
WOULD I READ THIS BOOK: YES!!! :)
WOULD I BUY THIS BOOK: YEP!
WOULD I REREAD THIS BOOK: YES
WOULD I RECOMMEND THIS BOOK: YEAH, to like everyone above like 12(maybe older, seeing how there was violence)
WILL I READ THE NEXT ONE: I CAN’T WAIT!!!
WILL I READ MORE BY THIS AUTHOR: YES

OWL=FIVE STARS

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you leave a comment, about anything really, you will make my day, maybe even my week if it's a really great comment! =D Anyhow I will try to respond and if you have a blog, leave me the link! I would love to check it out!!