Monday, April 1, 2013

Greta and the Goblin King

Greta and the Goblin King (Mylena Chronicles, #1)Title: Greta and the Goblin King
Author: Chloe Jacobs
Genre: YA, Fantasy, action, Adventure, Romance
Content: Fighting with mystical creatures
Series: Mylena Chronicle #1
Rating: Zebra
Similar book: Inbetween, Dark Star, Poison

Wow, let me start off with saying, Wow, it the cover not just totally amazing?.....Okay, now that I have finished my cover love, I gave this book 4.5 stars which rounds up to five. I really liked this book. It had such a fun like able quality! :) I read this just the other day, but had to wait a while to write the review so that I could process the information.That is highly unlike me, I personally like writing a review RIGHT after I finish the book so I can IMMEDIATELY get my thoughts down. For this book I had to think, so here is what I've thought:
THE PREMISE
While trying to save her brother from a witch’s fire four years ago, Greta was thrown in herself, falling through a portal to Mylena, a dangerous world where humans are the enemy and every ogre, ghoul, and goblin has a dark side that comes out with the eclipse.

To survive, Greta has hidden her humanity and taken the job of bounty hunter—and she’s good at what she does. So good, she’s caught the attention of Mylena’s young goblin king, the darkly enticing Isaac, who invades her dreams and undermines her will to escape.

But Greta’s not the only one looking to get out of Mylena. An ancient evil knows she’s the key to opening the portal, and with the next eclipse mere days away, every bloodthirsty creature in the realm is after her—including Isaac. If Greta fails, she and the lost boys of Mylena will die. If she succeeds, no world will be safe from what follows her back...

(Summary from Goodreads)
THE PROS
1. I love Greta. She is like so awesome at fighting and determined. You totally get where she's coming from!!
2. Issac. Wow, I read other reviews that said who knew goblins could be hot and I didn't believe them. *shaking head at insane stupidity*
3. Let me reiterate the awesomeness of the cover!! WOW
4. The concept. The idea of leaving Earth through a witch's portal sounds chronicles of Narniaish, but it's really not. The way the author wrote this was unique and original!
5. The ending. It is not a cliff hanger THANK GOD. I really hate cliff hangers unless the next part is immediately available, so I can continue it, but waiting a whole year? That's cruel. The ending in this left some open questions, but if you didn't want to keep reading the series you wouldn't have to. On top of that it was incredibly sweet! :)
6. The group of guys living in the forest. They were all so sweet and for the most part I liked them all.
THE CONS
1. I wish there had been more world-building. I know what the forest is, but I would love to have more descriptions of the cities. Next book maybe???
2. Wyatt. I liked him as the leader of the boys, but as Greta's love interest, ummmm, no thanks.I felt like Greta was leading him on.
3. I felt like something was missing. I have no idea what, but I felt like it was off or something?? Maybe because I was so sick when reading it??? Hmmmmmm.
OVERALL
I really liked this book. It was a fun read and held my attention with it's fast pace and loads of action. (The first two chapters....wow, really caught my attention!!)
WOULD I READ THIS BOOK: YES
WOULD I BUY THIS BOOK: YEAH
WOULD I RECOMMEND THIS BOOK: TO THOSE INTO FANTASY
WILL I READ THE NEXT BOOK: YEP
WOULD I READ OTHER BOOKS BY THIS AUTHOR: YEAH
AM I HEAD OVER HEELS IN LOVE WITH THIS BOOK: PRETTY CLOSE TO IT
ZEBRA=4.5 STARS

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you leave a comment, about anything really, you will make my day, maybe even my week if it's a really great comment! =D Anyhow I will try to respond and if you have a blog, leave me the link! I would love to check it out!!