Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Hex Hall

Hex Hall (Hex Hall, #1)Title: Hex Hall
Author: Rachel Hawkins
Genre: YA, Fantasy, Action, Adventure, Epicness, Mystery
Series: Hex Hall #1
Rating: Owl
Recommend to 12 and up.

 This book has only one direction to go, IT WAS AWESOME. Ever since I read Harry Potter I've been searching for another magical book and this book definitely was one of the best I've read.
THE PREMISE
Three years ago, Sophie Mercer discovered that she was a witch. It's gotten her into a few scrapes. Her non-gifted mother has been as supportive as possible, consulting Sophie's estranged father--an elusive European warlock--only when necessary. But when Sophie attracts too much human attention for a prom-night spell gone horribly wrong, it's her dad who decides her punishment: exile to Hex Hall, an isolated reform school for wayward Prodigium, a.k.a. witches, faeries, and shapeshifters.
By the end of her first day among fellow freak-teens, Sophie has quite a scorecard: three powerful enemies who look like supermodels, a futile crush on a gorgeous warlock, a creepy tagalong ghost, and a new roommate who happens to be the most hated person and only vampire student on campus. Worse, Sophie soon learns that a mysterious predator has been attacking students, and her only friend is the number-one suspect.
As a series of blood-curdling mysteries starts to converge, Sophie prepares for the biggest threat of all: an ancient secret society determined to destroy all Prodigium, especially her.
(Summary from Goodreads)The PROS
1. I loved the Characters. They were all well developed and fun.
2. The mystery was good. There were some obvious things, but it was still a great mystery.
3. Archer. What can I say I love him!
4. The magic. Who doesn't like magic!
THE CONS
1. Sophie was a little bit blind and didn't really see what was right in front of her. It didn't detract from the book, but it bugged me a bit.
OVERALL
This book was fantastic, with a great amount of sarcasm, humor , action, and adventure. I really liked this book and it will definitely make my list of top reads.
WOULD I READ THIS BOOK: YES
WOULD I BUY THIS BOOK: TOTALLY
AM I HEAD OVER HEELS IN LOVE WITH THIS BOOK: UMM... OBVIOUSLY
WOULD I READ THE NEXT BOOK: ALREADY HAVE (I'm behind on my reviews)
WOULD I READ OTHER BOOKS BY THIS AUTHOR: YEP
Fav quote: " "You know," someone said off to my left, "I usually find a blocking spell to be a lot more effective than yelling 'Bad Dog,' but maybe that's just me."
Gah I love this book
OWL=FIVE STARS

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you leave a comment, about anything really, you will make my day, maybe even my week if it's a really great comment! =D Anyhow I will try to respond and if you have a blog, leave me the link! I would love to check it out!!