Sunday, April 7, 2013

In My Mailbox #2

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by the Story Siren.
The meme highlight the books that you have recently gotten somehow. So here are the books I recently got:


If We Survive
What do you do when a mission trip suddenly leaves you caught in the middle of a revolution?

Will Peterson is part of a mission team that has traveled to Costa Verde to rebuild the wall of a school. It's been a great trip-until a revolution breaks out just before they board their plane to go home.

But then it becomes a desperate race to escape: from a firing squad, from savage animals in the depths of the jungle, from prison cells and revolutionaries with machine guns.

One of the girls is showing Will amazing things about what it means to be truly fearless. And one of the guys has the makings of a real hero. None of them will go home the same. If they only survive.
                                                       (Summary from Goodreads)
 
Shards and AshesShards and Ashes by Melissa Marr and Kelley Armstrong and a lot of other authors....
 
Gripping original stories of dystopian worlds from nine New York Times bestselling authors, edited by Melissa Marr and Kelley Armstrong.

The world is gone, destroyed by human, ecological, or supernatural causes. Survivors dodge chemical warfare and cruel gods; they travel the reaches of space and inhabit underground caverns. Their enemies are disease, corrupt corporations, and one another; their resources are few, and their courage is tested.

Powerful original dystopian tales from nine bestselling authors offer bleak insight, prophetic visions, and precious glimmers of light among the shards and ashes of a ruined world.
 
I got both from my library!!! So what are some of the books YOU got this week?
 


2 comments:

  1. I should check out Shards & Ashes from my library sometime. Dystopian stories can be so addicting, and I'm a fan of the YA books I've read under the genre. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh Shards and Ashes does look really good! I hope you enjoy it!

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment, about anything really, you will make my day, maybe even my week if it's a really great comment! =D Anyhow I will try to respond and if you have a blog, leave me the link! I would love to check it out!!