Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Investigating the Hottie

Investigating the HottieTitle: Investigating the Hottie
Author Juli Alexander
Genre: YA, Spies, Mystery, Adventure, Romance,
Series: Next book is Undercover with the Hottie
Recommended: 11, 12,13
Rating: Zebra
Similar books: The Gallagher Girl Series, Heist Society Series
When I found out that Juli Alexander had written another book AND it was free on my kindle the other day, I was psyched. I have read some of her other books, (Stirring Up Trouble, My life as the ugly stepsister, and the Karma beat.)and let me say this they were all pretty awesome. Be forewarned, these are books that are targeted for pre to early teens. Although I'm in High school and I still think they're pretty awesome. These books are great for a light read, but I'm digressing AGAIN. So, here's my breakdown of the book.
THE PREMISE
Peterson. Amanda Peterson. When my life suddenly turns into the Princess Diaries meets Mission Impossible, can I do in a week what I haven’t managed to do in all my fifteen years—reel in a hottie?

Investigating the Hottie is a completed young adult romance. When Amanda spends a week with her aunt, Christie, she learns that her aunt is a spy. Christie admits that Amanda has security clearance and has already started her training. When her aunt asks her to investigate a teenage hacker, Amanda thinks that spending time with a nerd should be doable despite her social ineptitude. Unfortunately for Amanda, the hacker is a hottie.
(Summary from Goodreads)

THE PROS
1. The humor. I love how Christie and Nic were always arguing. They had a great love/hate relationship.
2. Amanda's character. I love how she was always trying to figure everything out from her aunt and Nic tho the case to how she felt about Will.
3. Spies. Really who doesn't love spies. I'm beng serious, who doesn't like spies? I'd like to know why.
4. The lack of art talent. Non-Artists must band together.
5. The ending. I love sweet endings.
THE CONS
1. Kind of an obvious ending, but hey it was sweet.
OVERALL
There was an ending that could be open to a sequel, but it all depends on whether the author choses to take that route. I would definitly read the sequel. So in all it was a light quick read with a fun adventure and a sweet romance for younger readers. Definitly not a let down from her other books.
WOULD I READ THIS BOOK: YES
WOULD I BUY THIS BOOK: YES (Even though I got it when it was free, it would have been worth my money!)
WOULD I RECOMMEND THIS BOOK: YES, TO YOUNGER READERS
WOULD I READ THE NEXT BOOK: YEP
WOULD I READ OTHER BOOKS BY THIS AUTHOR: YEAH, SHE'S GREAT.
AM I HEAD OVER HEELS IN LOVE WITH THIS BOOK: I LIKED IT AND IT WAS A REALLY GOOD BOOK
Fav quote: ""Are you saying that I need bigger boobs if I'm going to be a spy?" Her eyes widened in horror. "No. Not at all. We just need extra room for the tracking devices, unless you want them implanted in your skin. It's up to you."" HAHA, That part made me laugh!!

ZEBRA=4.5 STARS

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you leave a comment, about anything really, you will make my day, maybe even my week if it's a really great comment! =D Anyhow I will try to respond and if you have a blog, leave me the link! I would love to check it out!!