Monday, April 1, 2013

Scarlet (Lunar Chronicles)

Scarlet (Lunar Chronicles, #2)Title Scarlet
Author: Marissa Meyer
Genre: YA, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Action, Adventure, Romance
Recommended to lovers of little Red Riding hood. 12 and up
Series: Lunar Chronicles #2
Rating: Owl
Other books you may enjoy: Cinder,
As you've probably already heard, Scarlet is amazing. It is epic. It is part of a series that when you put down the book, you think, I HAVE TO WAIT A WHOLE YEAR FOR THE NEXT ONE!!!! There are so many good things to be said about this series so here is my book breakdown.
THE PREMISE
Scarlet's grand-mère is missing and the police have given up on the case. Cinder is still stuck in prison desperately trying to escape. Enter The street fighter Wolf and Captain Thorne, there is someone to help boy Cinder and Scarlet.
THE PROS
1. Marissa Meyer wrote an epic story. She took the story of little red riding hood and rewrote it. Leaving it to be true to the tale, yet unpredictable in many ways.
2. Cinder is still amazing. I found myself rushing to read all of the parts with her in it. She doesn't cease to amazing me and she always has something new up her sleeve or should I say arm.
3. Scarlet was a really good character as well. Although I will always love Cinder the best, I liked learn Scarlet's story and her take on the situation with the Lunars.
4. The writing style is seriously amazing.
5. I love Kai even though he was a little stupid towards the end. I liked hearing his thoughts on the queen and seeing the situation that he, as emperor of the Common Wealth, was dealing with.
6. Thorne. I love this guy and I definitely want to hear more from him!!
THE CONS
1. Wolf was a little bit creepy. I liked him well enough but I found his whole blood thirsty rampages disturbing. He was still a good character and added lots of depth.
2. A whole year to the next book!!!! Marissa Meyer how could you do this to me!!!!! I must know the end!!!!!!
OVERALL
I loved Scarlet and I think that everyone should read this book!!! And if you haven't picked Cinder up yet, do it soon or else you will be missing out. This series has managed to captivate me and I can't wait for Cress!!!
WOULD I READ THIS BOOK: YES!!!!
WOULD I BUY THIS BOOK: YEP!!!!
WILL I READ THE NEXT BOOK: YES!!!!
WILL I READ MORE FROM THIS AUTHOR: Marissa Meyer is an amazing story tell and I would read a anything she wrote!!!! :)
OWL=FIVE STARS

1 comment:

  1. Great review! Love your rating system! Just followed via email!

    Charlie xx

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment, about anything really, you will make my day, maybe even my week if it's a really great comment! =D Anyhow I will try to respond and if you have a blog, leave me the link! I would love to check it out!!