Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Seraphina

Seraphina (Seraphina, #1)Title: Seraphina
Author: Rachel Hartman
Genre: YA, Fantasy, Adventure
Recommended for 12 and up
Rating: Owl
Other Books you might enjoy: Throne of Glass, Darkest Minds, Enchanted, The Assassin's Curse

Wow. This book...... I can't even describe its awesomeness. Rachel Hartman has wowed me to an epic level. An here's why...
THE PREMISE
Four decades of peace have done little to ease the mistrust between humans and dragons in the kingdom of Goredd. Folding themselves into human shape, dragons attend court as ambassadors, and lend their rational, mathematical minds to universities as scholars and teachers. As the treaty's anniversary draws near, however, tensions are high.

Seraphina Dombegh has reason to fear both sides. An unusually gifted musician, she joins the court just as a member of the royal family is murdered—in suspiciously draconian fashion. Seraphina is drawn into the investigation, partnering with the captain of the Queen's Guard, the dangerously perceptive Prince Lucian Kiggs. While they begin to uncover hints of a sinister plot to destroy the peace, Seraphina struggles to protect her own secret, the secret behind her musical gift, one so terrible that its discovery could mean her very life.
(Summary from Goodreads)

THE PROS
1. Seraphina is one of my new favorite heroines. She is strong and brave but is still afraid. She is amazing.
2. I have not felt this connected to a book in a long time. I mean I have read a lot of books and loved many of them but I connected with this book on an even higher level. It was AMAZING!!!!!
3. The mystery. Wow I did not see that twist coming at all. The mystery kept me guessing throughout the book!
4. All of the characters were in depth. I felt like I really knew them.
5. The world building. I felt like I really live in Seraphina's world.
6. The concept. This concept was so unique. I don't think I've ever heard of something similar.
7. Rachel Hartman's writing style. Her style was definitely unique and refreshing!!
THE CONS
1.) I got confused at a couple spots because there was a lot going on and there were saints and stuff. Normally when a religiosity name comes up I just kind of forget it and then later I'll be like wait who's that again?

2.) The pacing. It was slow and then it would pick up and then slow down again. I really had a hard time getting through some spots.
OVERALL
This book was amazing and I can't wait to be able to read the next one!!!
Just to add on The cover is amazing! I absolutely LOVE IT!!

OWL=FIVE STARS

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you leave a comment, about anything really, you will make my day, maybe even my week if it's a really great comment! =D Anyhow I will try to respond and if you have a blog, leave me the link! I would love to check it out!!