Friday, December 27, 2013

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight

Title: The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight
Author: Jennifer E. Smith
Genre: YA, Contemporary, Romance
Series: Stand-alone
Content: Kissing
Rating: Bison

So I went into this book not expecting to like it. I mean really I just wanted a quick light read and this was the Amazon teen deal of the day. So then I was like why not, it's gotten some amazing reviews and I loved the title. Yeah I know a lot of people thought it was too long, but I thought it had a nice ring to it. So I read it and well I REALLY LIKED IT. So I don't believe at love at first sight. Well except for dogs, I can totally love a dog at first sight, but people, UMMMMM, nope, not possible. People are way to complex. So I was a bit skeptical when it was talking about love at first sight, well anyways here's my breakdown.
THE PREMISE
Hadley just missed her flight by FOUR minutes. And she's not too happy about. Well if she thought that maybe she could get out of her father's wedding this way, then that would be great, but she knows everyone will just get more upset. So then she meets Oliver, who goes to Yale and is from Great Britain, which makes everything a bit better. So they talk a lot and then the book sort of takes off from there.
THE PROS
1. I loved the characters. Hadley and Oliver were just awesome and all of the other characters were pretty cool too.
2. Character development. I love how even in the course of 24 hours people can change and develop. Normally I'd see this as a bad thing because how can someone change so dramatically in 24 hours, but this felt realistic.
3. The concept. I love the whole meeting in an airport thing; I mean that's just a great idea.
4. The writing. I loved this authors writing style. Like it is REALLY good!!
THE CONS
1. There was no solid ending. I am a big fan of solid endings, like epilogues, so unless there is another book planned, I WANT AN EPILOGUE!!!I really love epilogues, even if it's like a one paragraph thing.
OVERALL
I really liked this book and it was definitely worth my time and effort to read. I plan to read other books by this author, too.
WOULD I READ THIS BOOK: YES
WOULD I BUY THIS BOOK: YEP
WOULD I RECOMMEND THIS BOOK: WITHOUT A DOUBT
WOULD I READ OTHER BOOKS BY THIS AUTHOR: YES!!!(She has a book called This is What Happy Looks Like, and it sounds awesome.)

BISON=FOUR STARS

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you leave a comment, about anything really, you will make my day, maybe even my week if it's a really great comment! =D Anyhow I will try to respond and if you have a blog, leave me the link! I would love to check it out!!