Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #4


TEASER TUESDAY AND TOP TEN TUESDAY

Top Ten Tuesdays is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.


AND THIS WEEKS TOPIC IS...... (Just imagine that in a deep announcer voice)




TOP TEN BOOKS I THOUGHT I WOULD LIKE MORE/LESS    THAN I DID!!!!

Five books I liked MORE than I thought I would!
The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
EVERYONE LOVES THIS BOOK. Before I read this book there was so much hype. I thought the topic was interesting but I didn't think it would live up to what others were saying. I have to say that even though I did not like it as much as other people, I found it far more enjoyable than what I had thought. Although the third book in the series did let me down.





The Alchemyst (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, #1)The Alchemyst by Michael Scott
I love this book. AND when I first got it, well actually my mom got it for me, I was reluctant to read. Until that point I had been more of a mystery kind of person and this book made me fall in love with fantasy.






Enclave (Razorland, #1)
Enclave by Ann Augirre
I would normally never read a book with Zombie like creatures so starting this book I wasn't expecting much and in the end I loved it.







Graceling (Graceling Realm, #1)

Graceling by Kristin Cashore
When I read Graceling I hadn't read many high fantasy books before so I was unsure of what to expect. In the end Graceling turned out to be an epic read.








Leviathan (Leviathan, #1)Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld
Leviathan sounded interesting and all, but I never believed that it would be as good as it sounded, but I was surprised. Leviathan was AMAZING and if you haven't read it then I recommend you do so immediately.








FIVE BOOKS I LIKED LESS THAN I THOUGHT I WOULD
City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)
City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
There was so much hype about this book and it should have been amazing.....but it just didn't do it for me.








Innocent Darkness (The Aether Chronicles, #1)
Innocent Darkness by Suzanne Lazear
It should e impossible to have bad steampunk, but this was the exception. It was described as steampunk, but the amount included was minimal. What it did include was evil faeries.

Life As We Knew It (Last Survivors, #1)
Life as We Knew it by Susan Beth Pfeffer
With a line saying that even if the world ended, McDonald's would still be there, it should be good, right? I t was okay, but it was a let down from what I was expecting.






The Always War
The Always War by Margaret Peterson Haddix
I had always firmly believed that whatever Margaret Peterson Haddix wrote, I would love, but this, this,  DID NOT LOVE. It was a HUGE disappointment for me, anyways!





Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1)

The Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
I actually really enjoyed Throne of Glass, but I didn't like it as much as the novellas. I thought that the MC was a bit vain, which when I read a book, I never enjoy hearing.....







Well, those are my disappointments/unexpected awesomeness books. Do you agree with my picks or do you think I'm totally and completely wrong and have no idea what I'm talking about?




Okay I decided to combine this post to include my Teaser Tuesday....


Teaser Tuesday is hosted by Should Be Reading!!

This week my teaser is for

Unraveling (Unraveling, #1)Unraveling by Elizabeth Norris

And the emotion I feel is undoubtedly love-heart aching, chest filling, so powerful it hurts, like these are memories of someone watching me, someone whose happiest memories are when he sees me smile, and someone who aches and feels powerless and heartbroken when he knows I'm sad. Someone who loves me. 










Have you read Unraveling before? What do think of it? 

ALSO



WHAT ARE SOME BOOKS THAT YOU LIKED MORE/LESS THAN YOU THOUGHT YOU WOULD?

37 comments:

  1. I'm right there with you. Hunger Games...more...Life As We Knew It...less.

    Here's my Top Ten List of Books I Never Expected to Like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha. I guess that Life As We Knew It isn't for everyone! Thanks for stopping by!! =D

      Delete
  2. I agree with you on Throne of Glass, the MC bothered me quite a bit. I haven't ever read the novellas so maybe that would have helped me like the book more? I'm surprised about Life As We Knew It, but it's a slower read and not like other books like it. I loved it an the companions as well.

    Great list!

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually loved the novella's and was really looking forward to the book, but it was a huge letdown! I actually thought Life As We Knew It was decent, but not as good as I had hoped and I did continue to read the series, although I didn't like the second book at all! Thanks for commenting!! =D

      Delete
  3. I am so in the minority on The Hunger Games - I didn't like it at all. It actually made my top pick as the book I was disappointed in the most. Graceling is one I've wanted to try for awhile now, so I'm glad you jogged my memory on that one :)

    Erin @ YA Book Crush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like The Hunger Games was not a book for everyone because Katniss was hard to relate to and in some ways you're lucky that you didn't like the first one because if you read the third one it was just awful.....It was a depressing series, so I totally get why you didn't enjoy it!

      Delete
    2. Oh and I totally loved Graceling!! You should definitely read it!

      Delete
  4. You're the second person who had City of Bones on your list. I just started it, and I do hope I like it better than you did. I can honestly say I haven't read any on your liked less list. Thanks for visiting my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many people loved City of Bones, but it just reminded me too much of Harry Potter.... Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!

      Delete
  5. I really need to read Leviathan. It's been on my TBR pile for ages, right along with City of Bones, actually. :)
    Here's my TT: http://duckduckcow.blogspot.com/2013/04/teaser-tuesday-looking-glass-wars.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Leviathan and the other two books in the series SOOOOOO much. They were epic and I don't think many other books can live up to them!

      Delete
  6. Funny....I haven't read many of the books you mentioned, but of them, I really didnt' like The Hunger Games as much as I expected. Maybe all they hype really raised my expectations? I didn't even bother to read the rest of the trilogy. OTOH, I really liked Life As We Knew It. I read the next 2 almost immediately.

    Here's my teaser.
    http://mytime2read.blogspot.com/2013/04/im-not-doing-so-well-at-restarting-my.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, for me I had really low expectations for the Hunger Games, so when I read it, they seemed really good! Thanks for stopping by and I really liked your teaser!!

      Delete
  7. I thought I would like Enclave, The Hunger Games, and Graceling less than I did, too! They're all fantastic and I'm really happy I read them. It's too bad you didn't like City of Bones that much; I loved that book.

    -Sarah @ YA Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I had really wanted to like City of Bones, but I was just annoyed by the characters! I hope the movie is good, though.

      Delete
  8. I LOOOOVE Graceling soOOO much!! I loved Throne of glass, but totally agree the main character's obsession with pretty dresses became a little annoying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Graceling was so epic? I loved Fyre and Bitterblue, too! I'm glad someone else understands my frustration with the main character! =D

      Delete
  9. There are so many books on your list that I want to read! I loved Throne of Glass and City of Bones. The Hunger Games was really good too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised by so many books! Thanks for reading my post!

      Delete
  10. Looooove the hunger games! Your teaser sounds really cool and I love that cover! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great teaser -- sounds like a good read!

    And as for your other list, I'm right there with you on the Hunger Games -- I was so surprised by how much I loved that whole series. It took me forever to read it because I was afraid of all of the hype, but it lived up to it. I also agree with Throne of Glass -- though I didn't really like it much at all.

    Thanks for stopping by my teaser!!

    ~ Melissa @ Melissa's Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the Hunger Games was really intimidating going into, but I ended up enjoying it! Thanks for coming by my post!! =D

      Delete
  12. Hunger Games was on my list too. Really enjoyed Enclave. Loved Graceling, Life as We Knew It, Throne of Glass, and The Alchemyst

    ReplyDelete
  13. Right there with you on City of Bones. So glad to see I'm not the only one!
    Thanks for stopping by earlier! Love the colors in the header, so bright and eye-catching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay thanks!!! You just made my day. So many people love The City of Bines but I felt like it was a ripoff of Harry potter!! Thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  14. Like you, I was surprised by how much I liked The Hunger Games. I really enjoyed The Alchemist too. I read the Throne of Glass novellas and thought she seemed to become less vain and arrogant but when I started the novel, I thought she was back to the way she was before and I didn't finish the book. If I don't like a character it is hard to read the book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your better than me. Even if I hate the character I need to finish the book otherwise it will bother me to no end!!! Thanks for stopping by!! :)

      Delete
  15. Great list and I agree with your More list, especially Graceling.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm with you on Throne of Glass. I was very meh about it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great teaser! I'm planning on reading Unraveling soon. I agree about Graceling and disagree about Throne of Glass. :) I was disappointed by The Collector and pleasantly surprised by Etiquette & Espionage and Seraphina. Thanks for stopping by my TT!

    Tressa @ Tressa's Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
  18. I loooove the Leviathan series! Fantastic worldbuilding, and fantastic characters. Can't go wrong there.

    I've seen Throne of Glass on a LOT of lists... I'm actually glad, because otherwise I would have gone into it expecting to love it - I didn't realize so many people were disappointed with it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So with you on City of Bones. I found it average, at best.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I agree with you on City of Bones. The main characters are so annoying. The book felt it was trying to be a lot of different things, but wasn't doing any of them all that well.

    I love Hunger Games. I actually love all three of the books in the series.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I liked The Hunger Games too. But I think I liked it about the same as I thought I would.

    Hmmm... high fantasy is not my genre, but everyone seems to love Graceling. I might have to give it a try one day... :)

    City of Bones didn't do it for me either.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I keep hearing how unexpectedly awesome Leviathan was, so obviously I need to read it soon!

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment, about anything really, you will make my day, maybe even my week if it's a really great comment! =D Anyhow I will try to respond and if you have a blog, leave me the link! I would love to check it out!!