Monday, April 1, 2013

Uncontrollable (Sequel to Untraceable)


Uncontrollable (Nature of Grace, #2)
Title: Uncontrollable
Author: S.R. Johannes
Genre: YA, Mystery, Thriller, action, advernture
Content: Death of Wolves :'(  Some guns and death towards end
Series: The Nature of Grace
Rating: Owl

 So I should probably let you know I have Sequelaphobia and second book phobia. Trust me when I say this, but it is bad! Half the time I have a huge giant let down, like I love the first book and then I read the second and it's like, AAAAHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. It's tough, so going into this book I was prepared for the tears and intense heartbreak, but instead I got one of my favorite books for 2012!
THE PREMISE
As Grace recovers from tragedy, her science class is chosen by Agent Sweeney at the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service to help with research on the new "Red Wolf Reintroduction Program".

While she’s excited about helping with the conservation of the endangered wolves, Grace knows this means being outdoors in the worst winter recorded, in a place she no longer feels comfortable. It also means working closely with Wyn (her ex) and his annoying girlfriend (Skyler), a girl whose idea of getting close to nature is picking silk plants and growing fake plants.

After a couple of wolves show up dead, Grace almost quits. However, when a fellow project team member goes missing, Grace continues the assignment under a renewed suspicion that someone might be sabotaging the conservation program. She quietly begins to hunt for clues.

Little does she know, she is being hunted too.
(Summary from Goodreads)
So let me break it down:
THE PROS
1. Grace continues to be awesome and inspiring! FYI she's my all time favorite character!!
2. There is a whole bunch of nature. I love all things Naturey so obviously I am going to love this book.! Does that make me biased?
3. A certain someone is back.
4. Agent Sweney is cool! And the other character are as always in depth and mostly full of awesomeness! On top of that Grace has one amazing Grandma, not that I'm too jealous, mine are great, too.
5. I love how at the beginning of each chapter there are survival tips AND they relate to what's happening in the book.
6. Untraceable,Unspeakable (The Nature of Grace, #1.5),Uncontrollable (Nature of Grace, #2)Ummm, have you seen these covers, they are gorgeous!! These covers alone would make me want to read the book!
7. So there is A LOT more awesomeness, but, Since listening to it would take awhile, I'll move on.
THE CONS
1. Wyn is a JERK. This is a semi-spoiler so if you really don't want to read about me venting about Wyn, don't read this. So Wyn is a total Jerk to Grace and then admits that he has only ever had feelings for her and making out with Skylar meant absolutely nothing!! Really!! Wyn ditched her when she needed him most when her Dad first disappeared then again when her Dad AND boyfriend just died, All because he was mad she didn't tell you every single detail about her life. Okay way to go Wyn, my new Jerkiest character in the world. (If you highlight it, the words will show up) Okay venting over and no other cons!!
OVERALL
This book was phenomenal and was my favorite book of 2012!S.R. Johannes has once again out done herself.
WOULD I BUY THIS BOOK: YES, No doubt about it
WOULD I RECOMMEND THIS BOOK: I wish I could tell ever single person in the world about this series! If I could put this on a Billboard I really would!
WOULD I READ THIS BOOK: DEFINITELY
MY RATING: If I could give this book a rating higher than five stars I would, but since I can't five stars it is!
WILL I READ THE NEXT BOOK: Planning on it, Unstoppable here I come.
AM I HEAD OVER HEELS IN LOVE WITH THIS BOOK: YES I can proudly say I am!!
So basically I am begging you to take a look at this book and if you haven't read the first book then you should definitely read it.

Okay I swear I'm done now, happy reading!!
        OWL=FIVE STARS

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you leave a comment, about anything really, you will make my day, maybe even my week if it's a really great comment! =D Anyhow I will try to respond and if you have a blog, leave me the link! I would love to check it out!!