Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Anna and the French Kiss

Title: Anna and the French Kiss
Author: Stephanie Perkins
Genre: YA, Contemporary, Romance
Series: Anna and the French Kiss #1
Rating: Zebra
How I'd blurb it: A fun light read, with a great romance and hilarious characters that will keep you flipping the pages until the last one, leaving you wanting more!

I was so scared going into this book. I mean EVERYONE loves it! It was so intimidating and really, I've been putting off reading it for a while.....AND I CAN'T BELIEVE I DID THAT. This book was so sweet. It had it's flaws, but the characters were great, the idea was cliched, but it still felt so unique. I loved this book.

THE PREMISE
Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris--until she meets √Čtienne St. Clair. Smart, charming, beautiful, √Čtienne has it all...including a serious girlfriend.

But in the City of Light, wishes have a way of coming true. Will a year of romantic near-misses end with their long-awaited French kiss?

(Summary via Goodreads)
THE PROS
1.) Anna was awesome! She was so unique and fun. Instead of conforming to all of the normal YA heroines Stephanie Perkins managed to make her different from every other YA character I've read! She definitely stood out from the crowd.
2.) Meredith. She was a really cool friend to Anna. She was a fun character and I wish there had been more about her.
3.) Loved Anna's little brother and how much she cared about him! It was such a sweet relationship!
4.) The writing style. Stephanie Perkins is so descriptive that I really felt as though I was actually in Paris.
5.) Okay.....I really loved basically everything about this book! (Except for what is listed below!) And to keep from boring you, I won't go into details!
THE CONS
1.) I hate the name √Čtienne. Who knows why, but I really, really don't like it. Every time his name was mentioned, it was just weird. (This was not the reason that I took off half a star, but I felt like bringing it up)
2.) St. Clair not breaking up with his girlfriend, Ellie, who he obviously didn't even like any more. It just really annoyed me. I get his whole, I don't want to be alone thing, but seriously get a grip.
3.) Anna's fight with Bridge. GET OVER IT!!!!! That just kind of annoyed me. I get that Anna felt betrayed and I think it was stupid for Bridge to never tell Anna, but it seemed way to overblown.
OVERALL
In all, I really loved this book. The characters were fun and it was a really enjoyable read. I was not a huge fan of St. Clair. I liked him and thought that he and Anna were cute together, but there are characters out there that I like way more. He just had some characteristics that annoyed me. This was a great light read, that I will definitely reread! I can't wait to read the companion books to this one!
WOULD I READ THIS BOOK: YES!!!!!!
WOULD I BUY THIS BOOK: YEAH!!!!
WOULD I RECOMMEND THIS BOOK: YEP!!!!!
WILL I READ THE NEXT BOOK: YES!!!!
WILL I READ MORE BY THIS AUTHOR: DEFINITELY!!


ZEBRA=4.5 STARS




8 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed Anna and the French Kiss as well. So true I don't get why you would stay with someone you don't like and yeah the fight was a bit much but if a friend did that to me not sure I would be too forgiving...who knows maybe you're right. Great review and I hope you're enjoying reading Touched, can't wait to read your review on that one. Happy Reading!

    Reese's @Reese's Reviews: MA2F

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know when I think of myself in that situation I think I'd be really mad, but I would hope that seeing my friend happy and realizing I didn't like the guy as much as I thought I would would make me forgive my friend! Thanks for stopping by!!

      Delete
  2. The Zebra is so cute!

    I love the enthusiasm you have for this book! The next book - Lola and the Boy Next door is one I liked even more than Anna. I hope you like it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!!! I can't wait to read the next book!

      Delete
  3. I know everyone says it, but Anna and the French Kiss really is one of my favorites! I absolutely adore Stephanie Perkins' writing style! She has a way of making a book seem fun and quirky, and she has a way of keeping you laughing throughout her books.

    And I also agree with the dislike for Etienne's name. The name seemed like it was too much for his character, or maybe that's just me. *shrugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!!! Perkins writing style is so real and beautiful!! And I'm glad someone else agrees with me about the name. Everyone is always gushing about how much they love his name and I'm like ewwwww.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog!! You should totally pick up something of John Green's. He's a genius! I'd suggest The Fault in Our Stars if you liked Anna and the French Kiss ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might just do that! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

If you leave a comment, about anything really, you will make my day, maybe even my week if it's a really great comment! =D Anyhow I will try to respond and if you have a blog, leave me the link! I would love to check it out!!