Friday, May 31, 2013

Monthly Recap: May 2013


Hello people of Earth, (and if you're not from Earth let me know so I can change this)

It is true it is time for ANOTHER monthly recap. The month of May is over (cue tears) and I have to say this was an okay month. Not readingwise but life wise. (kind of) School's almost over! (Thank goodness!!!) and here's what I've done the past month. (It's not a lot, so don't hate)






Prophecy by Ellen Oh
Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry (Short Review)
Compliance by Maureen McGowan
Silent Harmony by Michelle Scott
The Avery Shaw Experiment by Kelly Oram
Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
The Keeper by A.G. Henley (Novella)
Spartan Frost by Jennifer Estep (Novella)
Touched by Corrine Jackson







Okay, I actually have two! One is The Avery Shaw Experiment by Kelly Oram, which is a great fun light read with AMAZING characters, that constantly makes you laugh.

And the other is about parallel universes and is phenomanal! Unraveling by Elizabeth Norris was AMAZING and a must read for Sci-Fi fans of basically anyone else... I haven't written my review yet, but I'm working on it!



So I took the plunge and signed up for a couple book tours. (Maybe a couple too many!)
I don't want to become a blog that ALWAYS has tours and I want the books I showcase to actually mean something to me. So I think in the future I am going to make sure I don't overextend myself and have  a gazillion tours....So here are the ones I will be doing for the next month....

Insomnia by J.R. Johansson----June 14th----This one is going to be AWESOME!!!
Rewrite Redemption ----onJune 19th
Where Darkness Walks---June 25th
Live Long and Prospero---June 30th


And on June 28th I am having an interview with Cindy Lyle, the author who wrote The Dragon Within! (A book that I have dying to read!) Check out her book!

So I decided to try and better organize myself with this blog! (Yeah look at that! Working on my organizational/plan making techniques!) And in order to do so I wanted to create a semi schedule which I will try to keep to. So here is that schedule...
Monday: Review
Tuesday: Top Ten Tuesday
Wednesday: Review/Something else...
Thursday: Poem of the week
Friday: Feature and Follow
Saturday: Discussion
Sunday: Weekly Recap and quote of the week, maybe even book of the week/Review

So my first change is the cut down of memes. I feel as though I had gotten to caught up in doing things that al lot of other bloggers are doing. And i realized I don't like posting about books I've gotten or books I want to read. And I really hate posting about books I'm waiting for because I can never think of anything I'm waiting for on the spot like that. BUT I really love Top Ten Tuesdays and Feature and Follow is a great way to make new friends. So I shall continue with that.

I also decided to dedicate Thursday as a day of Poetry. And reading that you might think that I love Poetry and the truth is I DON'T!!! But I have read some great poems that I love and I think they should be spotlighted. (I am going to try to stay away from super popular poems.)

And the discussion....Well, I haven't done any discussions. It doesn't mean I haven't written them because I have....they just don't seem very good. So I am going to try and work through my doubt and post them. (Hopefully one tomorrow)

And then I thought I should start doing a weekly recap with one of my favorite quotes I've read and maybe highlight some new books or something like that...not to sure yet...

Dates are subject to change depending on my schedule.


So in the next couple of days I am hoping to get some reviews out for the following:
The Girl With the Iron Touch by Kady Cross (Which so far is EPIC)
Invisible by Marni Bates--received via Netgalley (Loved it!!)
Unraveling by Elizabeth Norris (It's been over a week since I have finished it and just WOW...)
Spark by Brigid Kemmerer (This book redeemed the series for me!!!)







And that, my dear dear readers is all for this month. Well actually I could list all of my posts, but that would make this already really long pot even lomger and who would want that....

If you've made it this far, CONGRATS!!! And if you chose to just skip to the bottom, I still appreciate your effort. It is extraordinary.


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment, about anything really, you will make my day, maybe even my week if it's a really great comment! =D Anyhow I will try to respond and if you have a blog, leave me the link! I would love to check it out!!