Saturday, May 4, 2013

MY APRIL RECAP

In the year 2013, a book blog was born.....

I just don't know what to say. THIS IS MY FIRST EVER MONTHLY RECAP!! Shocking isn't it? It feels like only yesterday it was Easter break and I was bored out of my mind, and then all of a sudden I got this idea. To create this lovely blog. I feel so impressed I made it this far!!! 

This is what I've done so far:

Exciting Events:
I created this blog. (Wait, this was actually in March....Oh well it can be recapped in this!)

Reviews:
1.) Blood Red Road by Moira Young---I loved this book! Definitely recommending it to fans of Dystopian
2.) This is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith---Smith does it again. Not only did I love her book Statistical, this book made me fall in love with her easy way of story telling all over agian!
3.) Being Jamie Baker by Kelly Oram--Although I had read this book a while ago, I chose to write a review gushing over it. Because, well this book ROCKS!!
4.) Innocent Darkness by Suzanne Lazear--DO NOT RUIN STEAMPUNK!! The next book had better be better....*Grumbling to self about unfairness of this book*
5.) Mind Games by Kiersten White--I did not expect to like this book as much as I did!
6.) The Girl in the Wall by Daphne Benedis-Grab--Action packed adventure!
7.) Storm by Brigid Kemmerer---Why did I not LOVE this like so many other people...*SIGH* I always feel like I'm missing out when everyone is gushing about a book, but I don't feel the same...
8.) Shards and Ashes---There were some amazing stories in here, but there were also some stories that bored me...
9.) Leviathan Trilogy by Scott Westerfeld---I went into full out hush mode when writing this review!!!
10.) Etiquette & Espionage by Gail Carriger---This was good steampunk!!!

Top Ten Tuesdays:

Teaser Tuesday: 

Waiting on Wednesdays:
1.) #1
2.)  #2
3.) #3
4.) #4

My to Reads:  (Just a few that I have lined up) 
1.) Prophecy by Ellen Oh
2.) Touched by Corrine Jackson
3.) Spark by Brigid Kemmerer
4.) Unraveling  by Elizabeth Norris
5.) Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins
6.) Shadow of the Mark by Leigh Fallon
I can't say for sure I'll read all of them because I have other books, too. But that's what I'm hoping to get to!
    
SOME EXCITING NEW RELEASES:
The Girl with the Iron Touch (The Steampunk Chronicles, #3)The Avery Shaw ExperimentSchool Spirits (School Spirits, #1)The Rules for DisappearingThe 5th Wave (The Fifth Wave, #1)Reboot (Reboot, #1)Icons (Icons, #1)The Originals


The Avery Shaw Experiment  by Kelly Oram  COMES OUT: MAY 2nd
The Fifth Wave  by Rick Yancey COMES OUT: MAY 7th 
Reboot by Amy Tintera  COMES OUT: MAY 7th
Icons by Margaret Stohl COMES OUT: MAY 7th
The Originals by Cat Patrick  COMES OUT: MAY 7th
School Spirits by Rachel Hawkins COMES OUT: MAY 14th
The Rules for Disappearing by Ashley Elston COMES OUT: MAY 14th
The Girl with the Iron Touch by Kady Cross COMES OUT: MAY 28th


AND that is only a few of the books coming out in May.....


Anyhow, my posting for May is going to be pretty erratic. I have a big exam coming up..On my birthday...and I haven't had as much reading time! :'(  So with any luck after that, things will slow down and there will be more reviews!!! =D


My favorite book(s) of the month: 


Etiquette & Espionage (Finishing School, #1)Blood Red Road (Dust Lands, #1)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you leave a comment, about anything really, you will make my day, maybe even my week if it's a really great comment! =D Anyhow I will try to respond and if you have a blog, leave me the link! I would love to check it out!!