Thursday, May 30, 2013

Spartan Frost (Short Story)

Title: Spartan Frost
Author: Jennifer Estep
Genre: YA, Fantasy, Mythology, Short Story, adventure
Series: Mythos Academy #4.5
Received via Netgalley
Publishing Date: June 25th, 2013
Rating: Zebra

How I would blurb it: A quick fun read giving fans of Mythos Academy a glimpse into Logan's head to tide them over until the release of the next book.

THERE WILL BE SPOILERS AHEAD IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THE PREVIOUS BOOKS!! (THIS INCLUDES BOOK 4) AND IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THEM, DO SO IMMEDIATELY!!!








I was so excited about his short story! I really wanted to get Logan's view on what happened at the end of the Crimson Frost! And I really learned a lot about Logan.....just not what I really wanted too... Don't get me wrong, this was a great story, but you really didn't get too much out of Logan other than he was scared to hurt Gwen again and kept reliving the moment he did...

THE PREMISE
I’m Logan Quinn, the deadliest Spartan warrior at Mythos Academy. At least I was — until the day I almost killed Gwen Frost.

Professor Metis and Nickamedes say that I’m fine, that Loki and the Reapers don’t have a hold on me anymore, but I can’t risk it. I can’t risk hurting Gwen again. So I’m leaving Mythos and going somewhere far, far away.

I know Gwen wonders what’s happening to me, whether I’m safe. I can’t tell her, but this is my story ...

(Summary via Goodreads)

MY THOUGHTS
Okay first of all, I was really disappointing that Logan wasn't on the cover.....I think it would have been cool to chage it up a bit. (This didn't effect my rating.)

Second of all, I really enjoyed the story. Learning about what Logan was going through and what he was trying to do to stop it made me understand why he left Gwen. Instead of being mad at him, like I was at the end of Crimson Frost, I understood his problems and sympathized with his plight.

Okay, just to point out, this story was SHORT. I mean I've read a lot of short stories and they are pretty short, but I would have liked for this one to be a bit longer and maybe have gotten more about Logan's thought on what Gwen might be going through or how he feels about her.

In all this was a great short story for fans of the Mythos Academy series who are desperately awaiting the next book! (Don't lie to yourself, you know you love the series!)

WOULD I BUY THIS BOOK: YES!!!!
WOULD I READ THIS BOOK: YES!!!!
WOULD I RECOMMEND THIS BOOK: To fans of the series, yes and if you haven't read the series; What are YOU waiting for??? There is no time like the present!
WILL I READ THE NEXT BOOK: This isn't a logical question! I AM DYING TO READ THE NEXT BOOK!!!
WILL I READ MORE BY THIS AUTHOR: YES!!!!! Of COURSE!!! Her stories are fantastic and her writing style is unique!


ZEBRA=4.5 STARS

2 comments:

  1. I need to get started on this series. Wish Logan would have been on the cover for ya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! And you should definitely read this series!! It's epic!

      Delete

If you leave a comment, about anything really, you will make my day, maybe even my week if it's a really great comment! =D Anyhow I will try to respond and if you have a blog, leave me the link! I would love to check it out!!