Thursday, May 16, 2013

The Avery Shaw Experiment

Title: The Avery Shaw Experiment
Author: Kelly Oram
Genre: YA, Romance, Contemporary, Humor
Rating: Owl

I love Kelly Oram I really do! Her books are always so fun and light and make me laugh. Not only that, but they are super cheap!!!! (Which is always a good thing!) Anyways I loved this book! 

THE PREMISE
When Avery Shaw’s heart is shattered by her life-long best friend, she chooses to deal with it the only way she knows how—scientifically.

The state science fair is coming up and Avery decides to use her broken heart as the topic of her experiment. She’s going to find the cure. By forcing herself to experience the seven stages of grief through a series of social tests, she believes she will be able to get over Aiden Kennedy and make herself ready to love again. But she can’t do this experiment alone, and her partner (ex partner!) is the one who broke her heart.

Avery finds the solution to her troubles in the form of Aiden’s older brother Grayson. The gorgeous womanizer is about to be kicked off the school basketball team for failing physics. He’s in need of a good tutor and some serious extra credit. But when Avery recruits the lovable Grayson to be her “objective outside observer,” she gets a whole lot more than she bargained for, because Grayson has a theory of his own: Avery doesn’t need to grieve. She needs to live. And if there’s one thing Grayson Kennedy is good at, it’s living life to the fullest.

(Summary via GoodReads) 

WHAT I LOVED
I really don't have too much to say about this book other than I LOVED IT!!! I read this right when I was in the middle of studying for a huge exam (Yes, I know I shouldn't have done that, but I needed a break) and this book was just what I needed to improve my week. Not only did I love Avery and her innocence  but I adored Grayson. He was just really funny. I loved the Science aspect and how the Science Club was taking Grayson under their wing in the attempt to help him learn physics! I loved their nerdiness!!! Okay in all I loved EVERYTHING about this book and I really can't wait to read more by Kelly Oram. **Cough, More than Jamie Baker needs to come out sooner, Cough***

If you liked this book, I would definitely recommend reading other books by her.


WOULD I READ THIS BOOK: YES!!!!!!!
WOULD I BUY THIS BOOK: YESSSS!!! (I think the price is 2.99 for kindle!)

WOULD I RECOMMEND THIS BOOK: YEAH!WILL I READ MORE BY THIS AUTHOR: YES


OWL=FIVE STARS








6 comments:

  1. The idea of curing a broken heart sounds a bit like John Green's An Abundance of Katherines, but the rest sounds different. I like the idea of solving broken hearts scientifically. It's a neat idea.

    I just got the book on my kindle right after I read your review :) I hope it's as good as you say it is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard a lot about An Abundance of Katherines! I might have to check it out! I really hope you like this book!

      Delete
  2. I havne't heard of this one, but glad that you enjoyed.
    Brandi @ Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I FINISHED THE BOOK YESTERDAY AND AWWWW!!!!That was so cute! I absolutely loved it! I just wrote a review, come check it out?
    www.myviewpointonbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY!!! I'm so glad you liked it and I loved your review!!!

      Delete

If you leave a comment, about anything really, you will make my day, maybe even my week if it's a really great comment! =D Anyhow I will try to respond and if you have a blog, leave me the link! I would love to check it out!!