Monday, May 27, 2013

The Keeper


Title: The Keeper
Author: A.G. Henley
Genre: YA, Sci-Fi, Dystopia, Romance, Short Story
Series: Brilliant Darkness #1.5 (Originally the series was called The Scourge, with Scourge as the first book)
Rating: Owl

How I would blurb it: A great short story with a great insight into Peree's character, for those who are anxiously awaiting the the second book in the series.

I was so excited for this short story. A.G. Henley's first book was sooooo good! And when I realized there was going to be a short story from Peree's POV? I immediately went and bought the book!!



THE PREMISE
Peree knows what he’s doing as the new Keeper of the Water Bearer, Fennel.

He knows Fennel’s Sightless. He knows that means the Scourge can’t hurt her while she gathers fresh water for her people. He knows how to wield his bow and arrow to take out the revolting flesh-eaters when they swarm around her. He’ll motivate her, distract her, do anything he can to keep her working. And most important, he'll make sure his people get every drop of their share of the water she collects. Peree knows his duty is to his people and his people alone, and not to the Water Bearer.

What he doesn't know is that he's falling in love with her.

(Summary via GoodReads) 

MY THOUGHTS
Okay first of all, the cover......WOW! It goes with the cover for the first book so well!! The blue color really stands out and makes you connect the two books! (Sadly though on my kindle the cover is in black and white. :'( If only I had bought it later!) I really love looking at these covers!!

Second of all....I LOVE PEREE!! Not only are he and Fenn great together, but he is just so awesome!!! 

Getting insight into what Peree was thinking in the beginning of The Scourge was really interesting. He was a fun character to read about. 

I also really liked the ending. It was right when Peree came to a great realization! 

Be forewarned if you read the first book then you already know most of what will happen. Reading this is purely so you can get insight into Peree's view of Fenn and his life among the lofties.

And on top of that there was an excerpt from the next book and from the looks of it, it sounds good!!! 

OVERALL
This was a fun enjoyable read that fans of The Scourge will love!

WOULD I READ THIS BOOK: YES!!
WOULD I BUY THIS BOOK: YES!!!!! (99 cents on Amazon!!)

WOULD I RECOMMEND THIS BOOK: ONLY IF YOU LIKE SHORT STORIES
WILL I READ THE NEXT BOOK: YEAH!!!

WILL I READ MORE BY THIS AUTHOR: OF COURSE



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you leave a comment, about anything really, you will make my day, maybe even my week if it's a really great comment! =D Anyhow I will try to respond and if you have a blog, leave me the link! I would love to check it out!!