Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #6

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This weeks topic is Top Ten books you read when you need something light and funny!


1.) I know I just read this book, but I LOVED IT!! I was definitely light and fun! Really anything by Kelly Oram is!



The Avery Shaw Experiment
Being Jamie Baker














2.) Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine


I love this book! Always have and always will!! It is definitely a book I read when I want something light and fun.













3.) Anything written by Jennifer E. Smith


I really love this author and her books are fun and light!













4.) Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld


I love this series and it always manages to make me laugh and smile!















5.) Hoot, Flush, Scat or Chomp by Carl Hiaasen


 I LOVE these books!! I read them whenever I need cheering up!

6.) Harry Potter---This series always makes me laugh!

















7.) Universe: A Journey from Earth to the Edge of the Cosmos by Nicholas Cheetham
I've always loved the stars and being able to read about them with all of the amazing pictures is awesome! It's not really a light read, but I love it so much and have loads of funny reading it, I feel like it deserves a spot on this list!










8.) The City of Ember

This book is epic, enough said...
















9.) The Girl in the Steel Corset---Love this book and the second one too!! Can't wait to read the last book!!!

















10.) Misty of Chincoteague
I just love this book! It's a great light read!!


















Okay so a lot of my favorite light reads are books I read when I was a kid. (not all of them, but a lot of them) I think now I anyalyze things more so it's hard to have something do light! Hmmmmm.....Anyhow,

WHAT ARE SOME OF YOUR FAVORITE LIGHT READS?????

18 comments:

  1. Hehe I love Ella Enchanted. It features on my Top Ten too. I haven't read any of the other books on your list, except for Harry Potter of course.

    Old follower

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Ella Enchanted!!! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Those books for number 5 are ADORABLE! Harry Potter and the Jennifer E Smith books are on my list this week too. HOpe you have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love those covers!! Hope you have an awesome week too!!!

      Delete
  3. ELLA ENCHANTED! I can't believe I didn't think of that one. It is such a fun book, isn't it? My 11 yo daughter just told me she needs a new copy of it -- hers has been loved to death!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha my copy has been too! It really is a great book!

      Delete
  4. I've got The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight but havent read it yet, but I am excited! And Ella Enchanted is just the cutest :)

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely read it!! And Ella Enchanted is super awesome!!

      Delete
  5. I nearly put The Statistical Probability... on my list but I ran out of room! Have This is What Happy Looks Like to-read soon which I'm looking forward to.

    I have The Girl in the Steel Corset to-read - totally had to get it for the premise and the cover! I've never read anything by Carl Hiaasen but I see his books around quite a bit. Am curious about City of Ember and Jamie Baker - haven't heard of her before but her books look interesting. :)

    I love love love Leviathan - still have the third book in the trilogy to read, I seem to be saving it for some special day or something!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the last book! It was one of my all time favorite series!!

      Delete
  6. I've been seeing Jennifer E. Smith around a lot of these lists. I'm going to have to check her out. Good list! Here’s my top ten for this week
    Daisy from Paramour Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's an amazing author!! You should definitely check her out!!

      Delete
  7. I adored The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight! This Is What Happy Looks Like are high on my wishlist. I haven't read the others (except for HP of course) so I will have to check them out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I definitely want to read something by Jennifer E. Smith, also the book covers are gorgeous so you know.. win-win!

    Leviathan has been on my TBR for ages too!

    Universe: A Journey from Earth to the Edge of the Cosmos....excuse me but you should know, my dream job is something within..space..stuff. You know, discovering new things, space research, whatever I don't know. I'm gonna have to read this book, pretty pictures of what's out there will never not be great.

    What a great list! (every list that has Harry Potter on it is great ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have to check out Kelly Oram sometime! Also, This is What Happy Looks Like is on my TBR. Cool list - and thanks for stopping by on my blog! =)
    -Eve@Every Flavour Books

    ReplyDelete
  10. I cannot believe I forgot Harry Potter!!!!! Thanks for stopping by!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This Is What Happy Looks Like is so cute! I can't believe I forgot to add it to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha, I LOVE the inclusion of a universe book on your list. That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment, about anything really, you will make my day, maybe even my week if it's a really great comment! =D Anyhow I will try to respond and if you have a blog, leave me the link! I would love to check it out!!