Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #5



Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine.

This is a weekly post that shows what book YOU are waiting for!!

THIS WEEK I'M WAITING FOR:

The Avery Shaw Experiment



The Avery Shaw Experiment by Kelly Oram
RELEASES: MAY 2013

When Avery Shaw’s heart is shattered by her life-long best friend, she chooses to deal with it the only way she knows how—scientifically.

The state science fair is coming up and Avery decides to use her broken heart as the topic of her experiment. She’s going to find the cure. By forcing herself to experience the seven stages of grief through a series of social tests, she believes she will be able to get over Aiden Kennedy and make herself ready to love again. But she can’t do this experiment alone, and her partner (ex partner!) is the one who broke her heart.

Avery finds the solution to her troubles in the form of Aiden’s older brother Grayson. The gorgeous womanizer is about to be kicked off the school basketball team for failing physics. He’s in need of a good tutor and some serious extra credit. But when Avery recruits the lovable Grayson to be her “objective outside observer,” she gets a whole lot more than she bargained for, because Grayson has a theory of his own: Avery doesn’t need to grieve. She needs to live. And if there’s one thing Grayson Kennedy is good at, it’s living life to the fullest.


I am waiting for this because I LOVE KELLY ORAM. Her book Being Jamie Baker....One of my favorite books EVER!! (FYI I really can't wait for the second book in that series, More than Jamie Baker)

and here is the cover for More then Jamie Baker, too! Which doesn't come out until January 2014!! :'(
More Than Jamie Baker (Jamie Baker, #2)

---Jamie Baker, the only girl in the world with superpowers, has now accepted who she is and learned to control her power. Not to mention she has the best boyfriend on the planet. Life is finally looking good. But the day she witnesses an accident and decides not to save the guy out of fear of being exposed, she realizes that simply being Jamie Baker isn't enough.
After seeing Jamie so wrecked with guilt, the ever-helpful Ryan Miller decides it's time to make all of his fantasies about turning his girlfriend into an honest-to-goodness superhero become a reality.

Of course, coming up with a decent Super Name and fending off all of Ryan's attempts to get her into spandex aren't the only problems Jamie faces. The more her alter ego starts to make headlines, the harder it becomes for Jamie to hide her extracurricular activities from her best friend, the government, radical scientists, and the mysterious new guy who is determined to steal her from her boyfriend.---



That is what I'm waiting for, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR????

29 comments:

  1. I hadn't heard of Avery Shaw until now, but it sounds great! I'm adding it to my Goodreads list now.

    Erin @ YA Book Crush

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of Kelly Oram before. Her books look cute though. Thanks for visiting my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like Kelly Oram, mostly because of her Jamie Baker series! I read another book by her that was kind of weird, but still interesting!

      Delete
  3. I didn't know about The Avery Shaw Experiment before. But I will definitely be adding it to my TBR pile along with the Jamie Baker series. Thanks for sharing! :)

    Emz @ Icy Cold Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Avery Shaw Experiment sounds like a really cute read. First I've heard of it. Thanks for bringing it to my attention :-)

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I normally try to avoid reading to many books that sound cute, but for some reason recently they sound so good!

      Delete
  5. Awesome! I love it. And, looking at your teams, GO TEAM ADAM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!! There are way to many Warner fans out there!

      Delete
  6. Sounds really good. I am definitely going to have Oram's work.

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW.
    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like her writing style and the ideas she comes up with!

      Delete
  7. Looks cute, Hope you get to read it soon!
    Brandi at Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! I have no idea when The Avery Shaw Experiment is coming out other than it's in may... :'(

      Delete
  8. The Avery Shaw experiment look like a good one! I haven't heard of either but I will have to add them to my goodreads! Thanks for sharing!

    Two-Tal-Tales

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds adorable! I hadn't heard of it or the author. I definitely check it out.
    Thanks for stopping by earlier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I love your blog!

      Delete
  10. I had forgotten about the Avery Shaw Experiment! I remember finding it interesting, thanks for sharing :) And thanks for stopping by my WoW :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Avery Shaw! I had forgotten about it too! I added to my TBR, which is so insanely long I will never remember when they all come out, LOL! I thought it looked super cute! Great pick!

    Thanks for stopping by my WOW!

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks so cute - I had a science fair trauma myself once :)

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW! Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great Pick! I haven't heard of this book before, but it looks like a fun read :)

    Thanks for stopping by my WOW.
    New Follower via GFC

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome pick. I've never heard of The Avery Shaw Experiment before but I'll definitely be checking it out.

    ReplyDelete
  15. More than Jamie Baker sounds AWESOME!! I am going to have to keep an eye out for that one!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    Kelley Lee from Reading to Stay Alive

    New Follower!

    ReplyDelete
  16. 'The Avery Shaw Experiment' sounds so good!! I'm totally adding this to my TBR list. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oooh :O I have heard of Kelly Oram. She wrote V for Virging right? I think I even have it on my Kindle for PC. I think her new book sounds like fun! Thanks so much for sharing:-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. The Avery Shaw Experiment looks so cute and I love those nerdy contemporary books so I need to add this one to my TBR. Great pick thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I haven't read anything by the author, I guess I have to check on Being Jamie Barker first.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This one sounds great. Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

    Ayana @ My Book Memoirs

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment, about anything really, you will make my day, maybe even my week if it's a really great comment! =D Anyhow I will try to respond and if you have a blog, leave me the link! I would love to check it out!!