Friday, June 14, 2013

Click to Subscribe

Title: Click to Subscribe
Author: L.M. Augustine
Genre: YA, Romance, Contemporary, Realistic Fiction, Humor
Rating: Bison

How I'd blurb it: A light fun read, with dorky characters and some serious LOL moments.

So there is one way to describe this book. Predictable. You know that West and Cat will get their happy ever after and finding what happens is not a good reason to read this book. But it was a fun read. It was cute sweet and had a nice build up in the romantic tension. So that was definitely a good thing.

THE PREMISE
135,789. That’s how many subscribers sixteen-year-old West Ryder has on his web vlog series. But he only has eyes for one of them.

As one of the internet’s most prestigious video bloggers, West talks about high school relationships under the name “Sam Green.” As far as he knows, no one from school, not even his best friend, Cat, has seen his videos. But the highlight of the whole thing is Harper Knight, who comments every day at exactly 2:02 in the afternoon. He doesn’t know anything about her aside from the occasional deep philosophical messaging on why pizza tastes so delicious, but as stupid as it sounds, he might be falling for her. So when they finally agree to meet in real life, West’s hope for romance seems more and more in reach. But that all changes as soon as he arrives at their meeting spot and sees Cat walking toward him, wearing the same “I <3 br="" d="" green="" harper="" have="" on.="" promised="" sam="" she="" t-shirt="">
To his alarm, West realizes he is falling in love with the best friend who has always been a sister to him.

(Summary via Goodreads)

THE PROS
1.) Cat was a great love interest. She was a total dork, but really sweet and funny!
2.) This book had so many funny moments. The book made me laugh, plain and simple!
3.) I really liked the little flashback moments/anecdotes. They fit so well into the story and helped you to understand the characters!!!
4.) Ummmm.....The epilogue!!! I have a weird obsession with epilogues.....I really really like them....
5.) West was a great main character. He was funny and smart and his narrative was great!
THE CONS
1.) While the suspense of when would they kiss was great....It got a little tiring. I started to get a little annoyed with them.
2.) There was a lot of swearing.....and that can be a bit distracting when the character is dropping and F-bomb every couple of sentences.
OVERALL
This was a super fun, light short read, which many will enjoy! I definitely can't wait to read more from this author! (I say that way to much!)
WOULD I READ THIS BOOK: YES
WOULD I BUY THIS BOOK: MOST LIKELY
WOULD I RECOMMEND THIS BOOK: YES
WILL I READ MORE BY THIS AUTHOR: PROBABLY


BISON=FOUR STARS

1 comment:

  1. I love reading stories like this from the guy's point of view. On to the TBR list it goes!

    Erin @ YA Book Crush

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment, about anything really, you will make my day, maybe even my week if it's a really great comment! =D Anyhow I will try to respond and if you have a blog, leave me the link! I would love to check it out!!