Sunday, July 14, 2013

Embracing the Flames

Embracing the Flames (Born in Flames Trilogy, #2)Title: Embracing the Flames
Author: Candace Knoebel
Genre: YA, Fantasy, DRAGONS, Magic
Series: Born in Flames #2
Rating: Bison=4.5 STARS

THE PREMISE
The Stone of Immortality has always been kept under the watch of the Draconta. That is, until the betrayal of a Fate. Now, everything is about to change.

Aurora Megalos accepted her destiny without blinking-even if it meant succumbing to her dragon side. Deemed the Progeny, she left the ordinary life she knew and has done everything in her power to learn the ways of her new home and what it means to be part dragon. But when her mentor, Astral, suddenly disappears, she is forced to take the reins with war on the brink. She sets out on an epic journey to find what her arch enemy, Zordon, is after. What she discovers is far worse than she could have ever imagined. She will be tested and pushed to the limit. Lives will be lost, love will be found, and most importantly, a battle will begin.

(Summary via Goodreads)
MY THOUGHTS
So to start off I have to say that I was not the biggest fan of the first book. I thought it was good....but it was lacking in the WOW quality, but this book....it was really good.
The first book was more of an Urban Fantasy and I kind of expected it to remain that way, but in this book it was definitely HIGH FANTASY. And I have to say that I loved it! This book has such an interesting back story. The creation of the world and the people involved was so interesting to read about.
So I am not a big fan of Aurora....she kind of just annoys me and she is pretty inconsistent. At one moment she will be a sweet innocent girl who can't do anything and then in the next she'll be a raging psychopath, even when she is in her human form. Sometimes I had no idea what she was mad about, but then at other times, I understood why she was so mad and then in the end she didn't even care! I was like, WHAT ARE YOU DOING??????
Other than Aurora (I even did like her at times. She was a strong, brave main character...most of the time anyways!) I really enjoyed the other characters. I thought that they were all great!!
Okay, one last thing, I LOVE THE DRAGONS IN THIS BOOK!!!! They are soooooo cool!! I really love dragons and if anyone out there has one as a pet, could I come over and pet it? I really want to meet a dragon.....Maybe I should ask the author if she knows any I could meet.....*evil plotting*
Overall I felt that this book was a very worthy follow up to the previous book. You can definitely see the evolution in the author's writing styles, which I really enjoyed. I can't wait to read the next book! :)
WOULD I BUY THIS BOOK: YES!
WOULD I READ THIS BOOK: OF COURSE!!!
WOULD I RECOMMEND THIS BOOK: To all dragon lovers! :)
WILL I READ THE NEXT BOOK: I'M PLANNING ON IT!!
WILL I READ MORE BY THIS AUTHOR: ES, I definitely can't wait to see what else she has up her sleeve, and also to see her evolution as a writer....
BISON=4.5 STARS

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you leave a comment, about anything really, you will make my day, maybe even my week if it's a really great comment! =D Anyhow I will try to respond and if you have a blog, leave me the link! I would love to check it out!!