Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Play With Me/Ryan Hunter

Play With Me (Grover Beach Team, #1)Ryan Hunter (Grover Beach Team, #2)
Play With Me                                                                              Ryan Hunter


Author: Piper Shelly
Genre: YA, Contemprary, Romance, Shorter than an actual book, a good length
Rating: Zebra
Received via the book tour type thing which in no way effected my opinion.

Play With Me Summary:
A short, sweet novella.

Ryan Hunter's parties are legend. And tonight she's going to be there.

Liza Matthews anticipates the return of her best friend and only love since kindergarten from soccer camp. But when Tony finally shows up, his mind is more focused on another girl. And worse, she's a soccer player. Fighting for the attention Liza craves, she's just a hairbreadth away from making a very stupid decision. But when extraordinary times call for extraordinary measures, she's prepared to play ball to get her man.

The tryouts are hell, the first match ends bloody, and the morning after the selection party she wakes up in the worst place possible—in the arms of the captain of the soccer team. The hottest guy in school. Ryan Hunter


Ryan Hunter Summary:
Ryan Hunter kissed more girls than he cares to remember. But the only one he ever wanted is in love with his best friend.

Watching Liza Matthews’ obsession with Tony Mitchell is a torture Ryan conceals from everyone. Until after a five-week soccer camp, where Tony gets involved with someone else, things suddenly take a different turn. Ryan knows if he doesn’t make a move now and grab his chance, he might never get another. 

Asked by Tony to distract Liza, Ryan is only too happy. He subtly seduces her first into his soccer team and later on to his party. He does all in his power to make her see that he’s not just an insufferable playboy but a guy who really cares about her.

Some one-on-one soccer training, a passionate kiss — things seem to be going the way he wants. Except Ryan didn't reckon on his best friend showing up at the worst possible moment and destroying everything...

MY THOUGHTS
A lot of times an author tries to write two books, one from each of the main character's POV and the second one is never as good as the first. Because, well, you already no what's going to happen. Half the time you can even guess exactly what the second character was thinking during a situation. You think, why on Earth would I spend my money on a book I've already read. (Okay so a lot of people really don't think that and they end up buying the book anyways, but I'm talking about me here...in a weird round about way.) So after reading Play With Me when it first came out (and loving it) and then I heard the author was coming out with another book in Ryan's POV. I was like, nah, I don't think I will want to read that, I mean I basically already read it. And then I saw this blog tour and I was like, well this looks fun....might as well give the book a shot.
I'm so glad I did because although I prefer the first one I still loved the second one. I loved getting a knew POV and really, I just loved Ryan. The POV were different. There were different thoughts in the characters heads and I think that if the books had been combined into one (which would have not been good) you could have easily been able to distinguish the different voices of Liz and Ryan.
To say that I loved both books is true and I would definitely recommend them!!
I even made a lovely chart....which isn't that good, but, hey I tried! I loved the characters in these stories! I loved getting the different opinions on everything, but most of all I really enjoyed the stories! Looking for a fun light read? Check these out! And I definitely can't wait to read more from this author!!!

 photo Untitleddrawing1_zpsfb2439ec.png

WOULD I READ THESE BOOKS: YES!!
WOULD I BUY THESE BOOKS: OF COURSE
WOULD I RECOMMEND THESE BOOKS: YEP!!!
WILL  I READ THE NEXT ONE: I believe the author is coming out with a new story from Tony's POV and I definitely plan to check it out!
WILL I READ MORE BY THIS AUTHOR: YES!!! I'm excited to start her book, Loving Your Lies!

2 comments:

  1. That's really talented when an author can make the same story just as interesting the second time around! I agree that it can just be redundant, but if the other character had so much going on that you never knew about about you weren't in their point of view, I think it's well worth the read! Glad to know that this book is!!! Thanks for the review and I love the comparison chart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! It was my first chart and I feel rather proud of it! :)

      Delete

If you leave a comment, about anything really, you will make my day, maybe even my week if it's a really great comment! =D Anyhow I will try to respond and if you have a blog, leave me the link! I would love to check it out!!