Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Summer Lovin' Update: DAY 2

Okay so first I need to list some MUST have summer reads...
The Penderwicks: A Summer Tale of Four Sisters, Two Rabbits, and a Very Interesting BoyHarry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1)So Harry Potter is a must read summer read for me.....I seriously reread the entire series at least once a summer.
Also I love The Penderwicks and they are the perfect summer reread!
I can't think of anymore...so here are a few of the books I'm dying to read this summer!!!
Spies and Prejudice by Talia Vance
The Distance Between Us by Kasie West



Okay that is really all I can think of....Anyhow the challenge is to redo a cover....And I actually did two....(because the first looked soooo bad I tried again......and it didn't turn out any better!)
(If you can't tell the originals are on the left.......)

 photo RubyREdfake_zps4daa1b41.png
Ruby Red (The Ruby Red Trilogy, #1)The Girl with the Iron Touch (The Steampunk Chronicles, #3) photo Thegirlwiththeirontouch_zps2d13dc19.png

9 comments:

  1. Good work! I just don't think I'd be any good at this! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, my computer editing skills leave much to be desired.....I bet yours would be really good! :)

      Delete
  2. I like them, especially The Girl with the Iron Touch cover, I love the way you interpreted the title, it's perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA! Thanks! The book is seriously nothing like that, but I love being literal! :)

      Delete
  3. I'm impressed that you made your covers from scratch - I really just found a picture that I liked and edited it to work for my cover. :-)

    Thanks for checking out my cover re-do!
    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would have been the smart thing to do.....I was sooo not thinking ahead!! :)

      Delete
  4. Ha ha ha, I like your Ruby Red cover! It's simple and totally matches the title. Brilliant! (:

    Kelly @ Effortlessly Reading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I was going for!!!! I feel so proud to have succeeded!!!

      Delete
  5. Those are great summer read picks and I love your cover redos :)

    Kim @ YA Asylum

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment, about anything really, you will make my day, maybe even my week if it's a really great comment! =D Anyhow I will try to respond and if you have a blog, leave me the link! I would love to check it out!!