Monday, July 1, 2013

Summer Read-a-thon Post #1

So this is my start up post for the Summer Read-A-thon!!!
Let me start off with listing my goals!
Until I Die by Amy Plum
TimeRiders by Alex Scarrow
The Girl with the Iron Touch by Kady Cross 
The Trouble with Flirting by Clair LeZebnik
The Last Echo by Kimberly Derting
Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins
Doomed by Tracy Deebs
Mila 2.0 by Debra Drizza
Let the Sky Fall by Shannon Messenger
The Pearl Wars by Nick James
Brightest Kind of Darkness by P.T. Michelle
Wearing the Cape by Marion G. Harmon
The Mark of Athena  by Rick Riordan
Fyre by Angie Sage
The chance of me reading ALL of these books? Slim to none. I felt the need to list several because I can never make up my mind on what I want to read. There are a couple definite that I have already started and just need to finish. (The Girl with the Iron touch, TimeRiders) But othere than that I'm going to pick and chose, I might even read books that are not on the list.....because I'm cool like that. (Not really) 
And introducing myself, well I'm Fly to the Sky, which is obviously not my real name. (Wouldn't it be cool if it was?) I'm a high school student (going into my junior year) currently out on summer vacation. I get side tracked EXTREMELY EASILY and I am OBSESSED with the color green. (You could look into my dresser and be amazed that half my clothes are some shade of green...mostly lime green.)  I love both steampunk and Nature books (like Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld and anything by Carl Hiaasen) . I have always LOVED to read and I'm kind of opinionated so I decided to start a blog in order to voice said opinions. I'm blogging from the wonderful state of New York located in the U.S. where sports are more important than education. (I kid you not.) This is my first read-a-thon and I'm a bit nervous! PEACE OUT!!! :)

21 comments:

  1. Hello and Yay for your first read-a-thon!! It's a ton of fun.

    Great choices on reads! I still need to read Sweet Evil. :-)

    Can't wait to see your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there!

    I'll be up front: I haven't read any of those. But if I was going to, it would be Mila 2.0, Sweet Evil and Let The Sky Fall. Anyway, happy reading and have a great week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my first read-a-thon too! :D Good luck to both of us! Oooh, steampunk? I definitely want to end up reading more steampunk because I feel like the books I pick up that SAY they're steampunk are actually more like steampunk-light! :( The Girl with the Iron Touch looks pretty cool. I love how her hair contrasts against her outfit.

    Happy reading! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY!!! Another newbie!!! And yeah, I love the Girl with the iron Touch cover!! So Pretty!

      Delete
  4. Ohhh Let The Sky Fall is one of my favorite reads so far this year! It was epic!

    I hope you have fun with the read-a-thon!

    -Octavia of Read. Sleep. Repeat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really excited to read that one!! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. I see The Mark of Athena!!! You HAVE to read that haha, it is sooo good. I cannot wait for The House of Hades :3 Happy reading and good luck :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW!!! It's been sitting on my shelf forever! I got it for my brother way back when it came out and I STILL HAVEN'T PICKED IT UP!!!!

      Delete
  6. I hope you read ALL of them! However unlikly that will be! lol This is my second read-a-thon :) I didn't really get involved with the last one but I plan to this year! HAPPY READING!

    Charlie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Mark of Athena is a MUST READ! I'd also recommend Mila 2.0 & Let the Sky Fall :)
    I get sidetracked very easily too! I can be reading one minute and then I'll mess around on my computer and then realise an hour has passed! Don't be nervous about this being your first read-a-thon. They're just an excuse to read all day long :)
    Good luck! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I alway waste way to much time on my computer!! Lol. Thanks for stopping by!!

      Delete
  8. Sweet Evil is amazing!I highly recommend that you read it :) Its my first Read-a-Thon too so I know exactly how you're feeling! HAPPY READING!

    Annoushka x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!!! And I just started Sweet Evil!! I like it so far!!

      Delete
  9. OMG, Let the Sky Fall! I really liked that book. And MARK OF ATHENA! I'm a huge PJO fan, so I'm really hoping you get to that one this week. It's SOOOO good. *_*

    Happy reading, fellow first-read-a-thon-er...! lol ;D

    ~ Nikki @ There were books involved...

    ReplyDelete
  10. They all sound like awesome books! I definitely want to read Let the Sky Fall and Doomed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, glad to meet you. I love nature books too. In fact, I edited a Greenhaven anthology Social Issues Firsthand The Environment. I love Carl Hiaasen. I spent my high school years living in Southern Florida so his book seem like so real to me. I loved the Everglades and seeing gators. Anyway, look forward to sharing books that we like. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Super cool!!! Nature is AMAZINg!!! Thanks for stoping by!!

      Delete
  12. LOL firstly how lucky that you live in NYC!!! The Uglies series by Scott Westerfeld is one of my favourite series. Have you tried Gail Carriger's Parasol Protectorate series, it's steampunk so I thought you may like ;)

    Hope you enjoy your first readathon, I've participated in a few but this is the most fun with all the Participation posts, challenges and the Bingo!!!

    Summer Lovin Read-a-thon Intro post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no. I don't live in NYC. More of upstate NY. Personally I'm not the city type of person! :) I've been meaning to read The Parosoul Protectorate series. I read her Ettiquitte and Espionage book and really enjoyed it!! I've actually never read the Ugies series but I read the Leviathan series and LOVED it!! Thanks for stoping by.

      Delete

If you leave a comment, about anything really, you will make my day, maybe even my week if it's a really great comment! =D Anyhow I will try to respond and if you have a blog, leave me the link! I would love to check it out!!