Monday, July 1, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #13

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the Broke and the Bookish!

THIS WEEK'S TOPIC IS:
Top Ten Most Intimidating Books
The Enchantress (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, #6)
Shadow and Bone (The Grisha, #1)City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1)The Girl with the Iron Touch (The Steampunk Chronicles, #3)Never Fade (The Darkest Minds, #2)Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss, #1)Rose Under FireCress (Lunar Chronicles, #3)Fyre (Septimus Heap, #7)

I was intimidated by Shadow and Bone and Anna and The French Kiss because sooo many people LOVE them. And while I've yet to have read Shadow and Bone, Anna and the French Kiss was really good!!!
The City of Bones that I din't think I would like that much and I didn't. Sooooo many other people love it and it's intimidating to be like, Oh yeah....that book, not a big fan.....
Harry Potter is also a hugely intimidating book because almost every person on Earth has read and LOVED it. I've read it and I really love the WHOLE series, but they still kind of scare me when I go back for a reread.....I always worry that I won't like them as much as I did before.
Fyre, The Enchantress, and The Girl with the Iron Touch are hugely intimidating to me because they are the last books in series I LOVE. And while I ADORED The Enchantress, I haven't read the other two and I'm kind of scared to in case they aren't amazing series closers. (I own both of them and every morning I wake up and they are STARING me in the face.....It's scary.)
As for Never Fade, Cress, and Rose Under Fire, the authors had such amazing first books that I have no idea how they could possibly write a worthy follow-up....They will probably pull it off, but it's still super duper scary!!!!
Those are some books that I find intimidating.....WHAT ARE YOURS??????

16 comments:

  1. Shadow and Bone is an amazing story if you like high fantasy! Anna and the French kiss is just adorable. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love high fantasy! It's just that soooo many people love it!! It's scary!!! And Anna and the French kiss is CUTE!!

      Delete
  2. WOOH! Anna and the French Kiss. It's one of my favorites and I can see why it'd seem intimidating! I'm glad you ended up enjoying it! And you haven't read HP yet? Definitely get started on that! At least give the first book a try and if you don't enjoy it then you at least tried.

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, no!!! I read the whole series on the date they came out! I'm majorly obsessed, but they still are so intimidating every time I pick them up!! No idea why though.....Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. i was scared about reading the city of bones but i really enjoyed them, i also have harry potter on mine list too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a big fan of City of Bones, but I LOVE HP!!

      Delete
  4. So, The Enchantress was good? I've read all other 5 books in the series, but I can't bring myself to read this one. Not sure why...

    TTT @ Krista's Dust Jacket

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOVED Enchantress!! I read it right when it came out (over a year ago) and I still remember my favorite quotes from it....that's saying a lot....I forget quotes very easily! :)

      Delete
  5. I also didn't really love City of Bones all that much. I just didn't see what all the hype was about.
    Old follower
    my TTT
    http://kimberlysnovelnotes.blogspot.com/2013/07/top-ten-tuesday-24.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shadow and Bone is sooo good! You should definitely check it out. Great selection!

    My TTT: http://www.bookythoughtsandme.com/top-ten-most-intimidating-books/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need to.....Maybe I'll buy it tomorrow....I need courage...

      Delete
  7. After reading Cinder and Scarlet, and loving them to pierces, I'm not really nervous for Cress. I feel like I can trust her. And I cannot wait to get my hands on it. Oh and HP. I've read it quite a few times, and every time I've loved it as much, or more, than the first time.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have faith in the author...but I'm still scared.....I'm just cool like that! And I agree, I keep loving HP more and more, but I'm always afraid that the next time I won't like it as much!!

      Delete
  8. I've been seeing a lot of "HP" around. I loved the series so I'm a huge champion of the series. Great list.

    Tsuki's TTT

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved Anna and being a HUGE Cinder and Scarlet fan... I can't wait for Cress!

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment, about anything really, you will make my day, maybe even my week if it's a really great comment! =D Anyhow I will try to respond and if you have a blog, leave me the link! I would love to check it out!!