Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #14

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish!

THIS WEEK'S TOPIC IS:
Top Ten Best/Worst Movie Adaptations
DISCLAIMER: I don't normally ever sit through  an entire movie, (I get bored and restless easily)So some of these movies that I listed under best might actually be awful, but since I only saw the beginning and the end I don't really know...I don't often watch movies....
BEST: 
The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games #1)1.) The Hunger Games-I know for sure this one was AMAZING! I personally LOVED IT!!!




Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1)
2.) Harry Potter-All of the HP movies were great!!!! HP can do no wrong!





I Am Number Four (Lorien Legacies, #1)


3.) I Am Number Four-I think that this movie was good....but all I remember is some violent explosions.....


The City of Ember (Book of Ember, #1)
4.) City of Ember-I watched this movie when I was pretty little...but I think it was good.


Hoot


5.) Hoot-I really loved this movie! And I actually remember it....That's got to mean something!


To Kill a Mockingbird 

6.) To Kill A Mockingbird-This was such a cute movie and the book was really good....Probably one of the only good books I've read in school!


WORST
The Grapes of Wrath

7.) The Grapes of Wrath-This may have been because my English teacher enjoyed the stop and start and skip parts routine, but I did not like the movie or the book....

Romeo and Juliet
The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1)

8.) Romeo and Juliet-I was not a fan of the book......The ending was awful. But in my class we watched a couple of movies and they were all pretty laughable...(Mostly the one with Leonardo DiCaprio....I just.....)


9.) Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief-No......just......NO!!!!



10.) I can't think of anymore books made into movies....-I'm not a movie watcher and I seriously can't think of another movie I've watched that was a book adaptation...
WHAT ARE THE BEST/WORST MOVIE ADAPTATIONS IN YOUR OPINION???

4 comments:

  1. Oh I like this post!

    Off the top of my head:

    Worst. Twilight. Loved loved the book. The movie almost ruined it for me.

    Best. Sunday's at Tiffany's by James Patterson. The TV movie was actually better than the book!

    Best. Jack Reacher by Lee Child. I liked the movie better than the book.

    Worst. The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks. I loved the book. I also love Zac Efron. But that movie just didn't do it for me. They changed way too much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never read Twilight or watched the movies (they just weren't my thing) but I've heard the movies were awful. Great picks though! :)

      Delete
  2. Nice list! I liked City of Ember, too, but I never read the book so I'm not sure if it's a good or bad adaptation.

    If I had listed some of the worst adaptations on my post, Percy would have made the cut, also. I enjoyed the movie when I saw it, but I hadn't read the book then and had NO IDEA what a mess they made of it! How can you actually change the villain!!

    Erin @ YA Book Crush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree!!! I had seen the movie before I read the book and then when I finally picked up the book I was stunned!!!!I can' believe thaty the movie studio actually got away with that!!!!

      Delete

If you leave a comment, about anything really, you will make my day, maybe even my week if it's a really great comment! =D Anyhow I will try to respond and if you have a blog, leave me the link! I would love to check it out!!