Saturday, August 10, 2013

A Tale of Two Centuries

A Tale of Two Centuries (My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century, #2)
Author: Rachel Harris
Genre: YA, Sci-Fi, Time Travel,Romance, Historical Fiction
Series: My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century #2 (You don't have to read the first book to enjoy the second.)
Rating: Bison
received this e-ARC from the publisher which in no way shape or form effected my review!!!!

THE PREMISE
Alessandra D’Angeli is in need of an adventure. Tired of her sixteenth-century life in Italy and homesick for her time-traveling cousin, Cat, who visited her for a magical week and dazzled her with tales of the future, Alessandra is lost. Until the stars hear her plea.

One mystical spell later, Alessandra appears on Cat’s Beverly Hills doorstep five hundred years in the future. Surrounded by confusing gadgets, scary transportation, and scandalous clothing, Less is hesitant to live the life of a twenty-first century teen…until she meets the infuriating—and infuriatingly handsome—surfer Austin Michaels. Austin challenges everything she believes in…and introduces her to a world filled with possibility.

With the clock ticking, Less knows she must live every moment of her modern life while she still can. But how will she return to the drab life of her past when the future is what holds everything she’s come to love?
(Summary via Goodreads)

MY THOUGHTS
I have to say that I was not expecting that much from this book. I mean it sounded so good, but how could the author pull it off and make it sound so humorous at the same time. The good news is she pulled it off so well that it leads me to the bad news. I want more!!!

So first things first: the writing style.
This is perhaps on of the most important things to me when reading. And I love Rachel Harris' style.  She writes everything so clearly and it really does have such a great flow. It easily captivated me and kept me reading until the end.

Now for the second most important thing. The characters. The characters were so well written and hilarious. I loved Alessandra! She was so much fun to read about. She was so clueless about everything but I loved watching her character grow and change as the story progressed. At first I was unsure of whether or not I would like her. She didn't seem very strong or even fun to read about, but her character growth was phenomenal and I quickly grew to adore her!


Cat was such a great character. She still cared so much for Less and truly wanted her to be happy. I loved how she was getting her happy ending at the same time as Less. It was also so sweet that she always was trying to take care of Less as though she was still little and watching her grow out of that tendency was fun!

Austin was a great character as he taught Less to live a little on the wild side. I loved all the different things that he encouraged her to do in order to have a little fun. They made such a sweet pair and I loved their relationship!

And then of course there is the ending! Which was obviously fantastic!! It was such a great end to the book!

So now the question is will there be another book? With any luck there will be.....

I truly enjoyed this book! It was such a fun read! And the characters were fantastic!!! I can't wait to read more!!!!

WOULD I READ THIS BOOK: YES!!!!
WOULD I BUY THIS BOOK: YUP!
WOULD I RECOMMEND THIS BOOK: TO those looking for a quick, light, but at the same time amazingly sweet and funny read!
WILL I READ MORE BY THIS AUTHOR: OF COURSE
WILL I READ THE NEXT BOOK IN THIS SERIES: If there is another, I'll be the first in line!!

BISON=FOUR STARS

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you leave a comment, about anything really, you will make my day, maybe even my week if it's a really great comment! =D Anyhow I will try to respond and if you have a blog, leave me the link! I would love to check it out!!