Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: Relic

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine!

My Wait for this week is none other than Relic by Renee Collins!

Relic
After a raging fire consumes her town and kills her parents, Maggie Davis is on her own to protect her younger sister and survive best she can in the Colorado town of Burning Mesa. In Maggie’s world, the bones of long-extinct magical creatures such as dragons and sirens are mined and traded for their residual magical elements, and harnessing these relics’ powers allows the user to wield fire, turn invisible, or heal even the worst of injuries.

Working in a local saloon, Maggie befriends the spirited showgirl Adelaide and falls for the roguish cowboy Landon. But when she proves to have a particular skill at harnessing the relics’ powers, Maggie is whisked away to the glamorous hacienda of Álvar Castilla, the wealthy young relic baron who runs Burning Mesa. Though his intentions aren’t always clear, Álvar trains Maggie in the world of relic magic. But when the mysterious fires reappear in their neighboring towns, Maggie must discover who is channeling relic magic for evil before it’s too late.

Relic is a thrilling adventure set in a wholly unique world, and a spell-binding story of love, trust, and the power of good.
(Summary via Goodreads)

MY THOUGHTS
Is it just me or does this sound AMAZING!!! I love the cover too! It looks so pretty!!! And it sounds so interesting!!! It doesn't come out until August 27th AND I'M DYING TO READ IT!!!! 

SO, What are you waiting for??
And has anyone else noticed how many books are coming out August 27th? It's like EVERY single book I've been dying to read! How can I handle this all!

16 comments:

  1. Captivating synopsis? Definitely will be added to my TBR. Great pick!

    Holly @ Absorbing the Content

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the synopsis amazing!!! It's what got my attention in the first place!! Thanks for stopping by!!

      Delete
  2. There are quite a lot of really good looking books coming out on the 27th. I love it.

    I don't think I've read the synopsis of this one before now, but, yeah, I have to agree that it sounds really, really good.

    My WoW:
    http://readingismytreasure.blogspot.com/2013/08/waiting-on-wednesday-no-one-else-can.html?m=0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely can't wait for this one! Thanks for dropping by!!

      Delete
  3. OOoh interesting! This is new to me! Like the cover!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover is definitely pure awesomeness!!! Thanks for stoping by!!

      Delete
  4. This one sounds really interesting! thank-you for sharing.

    Sharon – Obsession with Books

    Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great choice! I can't wait for this either : )

    my WOW and giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So excited for it!! Oh, and I love your giveaway!!

      Delete
  6. Wow this sounds awesome! Great pick! Thanks for getting it on my radar! And yes, I have noticed a ton of books coming out August 27th! Deception by C.J. Redwine, The Bitter Kingdom by Rae Carson, this book... August 27th is going to be the best day ever!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can wait for Deception!!! I'm so excited for August 27th but at the same time nervous! I don't know how I'll pick what book to read! But it probably be the ones I've yet to read for school! :'(

      Delete
  7. Amazing cover and also the blurb makes it sound awesome! Putting on my wishlist now--thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The ending of Aug and the entire month of Sept are filled with an insane amount of good-looking books. And I know there is no way I'll get through them all. Relic does sound awesome and the end of Aug will be here before we know it. Great pick!
    Natflix&Books' WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never heard of this book! I've heard of the author, Renee Collins (cool name), so it's cool to see that she has a book out! I can't wait to see what you think of it if you review it in the future!!

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment, about anything really, you will make my day, maybe even my week if it's a really great comment! =D Anyhow I will try to respond and if you have a blog, leave me the link! I would love to check it out!!