Thursday, August 1, 2013

What Are You Waiting For? A list of titles coming out in August!

OH MY GOSH......

IT IS AUGUST.....

THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING TO ME.....

August may mean the end to a summer, but it also means a WHOLE bunch of brand new books coming out! Obviously I'm not going to list them all (because that would take waaaayyy to long) but I'm going to highlight several BIG releases and perhaps some smaller ones that I'm dying to read! So if you click on the cover it should bring you to goodreads...and if it doesn't then obviously I'm no wheres near as good with computers as I thought.... (And I'm soooo sorry that they aren't ordered by release date, but I'm giving up the fight with blogger.....) And in no particular order:
Origin (Lux, #4)Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2)Deception (Defiance, #2)The Bitter Kingdom (Fire and Thorns, #3)The Bone SeasonRelicHover (The Taking, #2)The Uprising (The Forsaken, #2)Infinityglass (Hourglass, #3)A Tale of Two Centuries (My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century, #2)Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea (Between, #1)The Fall of Five (Lorien Legacies, #4)Don't Look Now (PERSEF0NE, #2)The Infinite Moment of UsThe Beginning of EverythingJust Like FateConjuredAsylumTaste TestCharmed Vengeance (The Aether Chronicles, #2)The Life Beyond (The Other Life, #2)Fire and Ash (Benny Imura, #4)Forgive Me, Leonard PeacockFalse Sight (False Memory, #2)If You Could Be MineDissonanceMy Totally Awkward Supernatural CrushThis Side of Jealousy (The Innocents, #2)The Liberator (Dante Walker, #2)Confessions of a HaterGatedAll Our Pretty SongsIndelible (The Twixt, #1)Midnight Frost (Mythos Academy, #5)Prep School ConfidentialTwo Roads

So those are just some of the books coming out in August! (Sorry they aren't ordered by date....Blogger HATES me...) So if there are any others that YOU think should be added to the list, LET ME KNOW! And A couple of these are releasing July 30th, but because I'm different I just stuck them on this list!

THE ONES FROM SERIES THAT I NEED TO HAVE READ LIKE YESTERDAY:  I REALLY want to read, Midnight Frost (which comes out July 30th) I mean the ending in Crimson Frost was just INSANE!
And Deception and Crown of Midnight look awesome and are parts of series that I love, so looking forward to those.
And Don't Look Now looks AMAZING!!! So excited to check that one out!
Then there is Hover and Origin both of which have aliens in them!!! (I love aliens) 
There is also Charmed Vengeance which I am pretty impartial to. I would love to read it to see if it is any improvement over the first, but I don't desperately need it...
....HOW DID I FORGET INFINITYGLASS???? That book looks amazing and from what I've heard it is amazing!!!!

THE HOPEFUL SURPRISES:I really am looking forward to Relic and The Bone Season..... Both of which look seriously phenomenal!!! I WANT TO READ THEM NOW!!! :) And Taste Test looks interesting too!

S WORST COVER:Origin...Am I the only person in the world who hates the cover? It feels like it has nothing to do with the book. I like the series.....but seriously I haven't liked ANY of their covers....

S BEST COVER(S)I love the cover for Relic! The cover has the coolest colors and it looks so pretty! I love how eyecatching it is!
I also LOVE the cover for The Uprising...I've yet to read the first book and the cover makes me feel guilty for not doing that! :)
I think the cover for Confessions of a Hater is neat looking, too! I love the way it looks kind of like a comic book....Although I don't think I'll be picking it up.....not really my thing!

CREEPIEST COVERS: Gated. That random blue eye gives me the creeps...And the girl's face just doesn't look right.
Although Fire and Ash pulls a close second with it's waaayyy to close up view of those zombie like faces.

PERSON/PEOPLE ON THE COVER MOST LIKELY TO KILL ME: Probably not the one your expecting, but This Side of Jealousy for the win..... I always imagine the evil-but-trying-to-look-nice-girls as the ones most likely to chase me down a dark smelly ally....

THE COVER WHERE I WOULD LOVE TO BE: Either Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea or Hover. They would be such cool places to be in.

THE COVER THAT MAKES MY BRAIN GO...WAIT WHAT??: Taste Test....Every time I look at it I always think that instead of the girl holding the pan handle that it's really the handle of a knife and that she is stabbing that guy.....Does this indicate that my mind is creepy...I hope not....

OVERALL BOOK THAT I NEED TO HAVE: I have to say that I AM DYING to read Don't Look Now....mostly because there is hacking! :)


So what do you think?
Are there any that you have pre-ordered?
Or maybe one that you've already read... (In which case you should leave a link to your review below.....I need to be prepared going into these books....=D)
Did I miss any books releasing in August?
SERIOUSLY TALK TO ME!!!!!




8 comments:

  1. Origin and Crown on Midnight are two of the main books I am waiting on....not so patiently. Gah I wish their release dates would come sooner!!! Thank you for sharing this because I didn't know all these books were coming out so soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are like a gazillion books coming out on the same day... I can't handle this madness!

      Delete
  2. You are defintely not the only one who isn't a fan of the Origin cover. I like the first three, but this one just looks weird and out of place. I relly want to read it, though.

    You are also not the only one that has fights with Blogger. Trying to get a whole bunch of pictures in a certain order without them going all over the page is pretty tough (at least, for me, the girl with no patience).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blogger seriously hates me and its not even funny.... And EVERYONE loves the Orgin cover and I just don't. You're right when you say it feels out of place.

      Delete
  3. Yay I actually really didn't like The Bone Season, so I hope you do more than I do when you read it! I agree, Deception looks SO amazing and there are so many fantastic sequels coming out this month that I just can't contain my excitement! Origin's cover is pretty bad, the color scheme doesn't match any of the books before and it's way too bright and not as dark and it just kind of annoys me in an odd way D:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far I haven't actually heard that many good things about the bone season so that is kind of disappointing! And yeah Orgins cover is waaayyy to in your face and it really shouldn't be!! Can't wait for all the amazing sequels! Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  4. I want to read so many of these! I cannot wait to read The Bone Season and Conjured. I love the cover for Confessions of a Hater. I like that comic book look, too. It actually sounds like a book I'd like so I'll probably check it out. I'm reading Throne of Glass now so I'll be ready for the sequel. Great post! Thanks for highlighting all these awesome coming-soons!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhh! Hope you like Throne of Glass!! Personally I thought it was no where's as near as good as the novellas! Thanks for stopping by!!

      Delete

If you leave a comment, about anything really, you will make my day, maybe even my week if it's a really great comment! =D Anyhow I will try to respond and if you have a blog, leave me the link! I would love to check it out!!