Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Find Me review and Playlist

Title: Find Me
Author: Romily Bernard
Genre: YA thriller/mystery
Rating: OWL=FIVE STARS

THE PREMISE

“Find Me.”

These are the words written on Tessa Waye’s diary. The diary that ends up with Wick Tate. But Tessa’s just been found . . . dead.

Wick has the right computer-hacking skills for the job, but little interest in this perverse game of hide-and-seek. Until her sister Lily is the next target.

Then Griff, trailer-park boy next door and fellow hacker, shows up, intent on helping Wick. Is a happy ending possible with the threat of Wick’s deadbeat dad returning, the detective hunting him sniffing around Wick instead, and a killer taunting her at every step?

Foster child. Daughter of a felon. Loner hacker girl. Wick has a bad attitude and sarcasm to spare.

But she’s going to find this killer no matter what.

Because it just got personal.

MY THOUGHTS
There are really so many words that could describe Find Me. 
I mean literally there are like a million. 
Because yes, it was THAT good!!!!
Find Me is 
Fast-paced 
Action packed 
Sweet
Interesting 
Intense
Beautiful 
Light on the romance 
And soooo much more. 

You've probably heard this a million times for thousands of different books. 
But I mean this as sincerely as possible. 
I'm not kidding in the least when I speak of the amazingness of this book. 

Let's start with something simple: THAT COVER IS DROOLWORTHY! 
You can't tell me that the cover is not one of the most fitting out there an truly looks amazing!!! 
What really caught my attention though (after catching sight of the cover of course) was the beginning. Immediately the author draws you into Wick's mysterious world! One of which many couldn't dram of living in or dealing with. 
On that note: Wick. First of all I love her name! Seriously it's so cool. 
And second of all I knew I was going to love Wick from page one, which is always a good sign. 
Wick also cared so much about her sister and their relationship was adorable! I loved being able to watch Wick's adjustment to the fact that she might now actually be able to have a normal home. 
Also seeing Wick's fierce protection and caring towards her sister was touching. 
Griff was yet another AMAZING character from this book. 
He was sweet and kind and cared soooo much about Wick! I loved seeing their relationship progress! 
Another thing that made the book stand out compared to all the other books out there was the twists an turns! There were so many things that occurred that I had no clue would happen. 
And I kid you not when I say that the bad.... I had no idea it was him. I had my sights set on someone else.... Totally did not see it coming! (But shockingly it made loads of sense!) 

The ending was perfect! There was resolution but the author made it clear that her intention was to continue with the concept for a book and turn it into a series! I loved it!! And I can't wait for the next one!!!!

I also have to say Romily has clearly put effort into her research! I definitely know more about the art of hacking after reading this book! (Not enough where I could do any damage...but it's still interesting knowledge to have!) 
I have to say this is probably one of my favorite books of the year! Getting the chance to read it and participate in this blog tour has been an amazing experience! 

PLAYLIST!
So these are some songs that reminded me of the book and that I listened to while reading the book... It's kind of random, but to me they seemed fitting!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Calla!
    Love your review and your playlist. Totally listening to it right now ;)
    Thank you for your awesome job and for being in our FFBC Team! ^^

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment, about anything really, you will make my day, maybe even my week if it's a really great comment! =D Anyhow I will try to respond and if you have a blog, leave me the link! I would love to check it out!!