Thursday, September 19, 2013

Ghost Leopard Audiobook review


(For the rest of the tour information click on the tour banner!)

Title: Zoe & Zak and the Ghost Leopard
Author: Lars Guignard
Narrator: Bailey Carlson
Genre: MG
Rating: Bison (four stars)

THE PREMISE
Zoe and Zak are lost in exotic India, where gods and magic still exist. Before they can find their way home, they just have to do one little thing...


...Save a mythical creature from an ancient evil that
wants to rule the world.

When Zoe Guire goes along on her mom's business trip to India, things get very weird, very quickly. An elephant god speaks to her from the bottom of a swimming pool... She and her classmate Zak get locked in a trunk and shipped off to a strange city near the foothills of the Himalayas... and a crazy snake charmer tells them they've been chosen to protect a mythical creature called the Ghost Leopard from an ancient evil that wants to take over the world.
As they travel deeper into the majestic mountains known as the Realm of the Gods, things get even weirder. If she and Zak want to make it back to their parents, they're going to have to tap into powers they never knew existed.
Because if they don't, things will never be the same for any of us ever again.
Book can be found at: Audible iTunes | Amazon  | GoodReads


In every book there is also something that is the deciding factor between whether you love or hate it. For me the story as a whole was a bit.... Underwhelming. Not in a bad way because it was good but there was nothing that could make me look back in 10 years and say wow. I remember this book! 
Except one thing. 
The narrator. 
In interest of full disclosure I am not a big fan of audiobooks! They just take so long to get through and I can't go at my own pace. 
But this was a case when I thoroughly enjoyed the narration. 
The narrator sounded just like I would expect the characters too! 
Beyond my love for the narrators extremely expressive book there were several other enjoyable aspects to the book!
Zoe and Zak were such fun characters.
From the first moment they were introduced I knew that I was going to enjoy their exploits. 
Zoe had such a relatable narrative and I truly enjoyed getting inside her head!
Their experiences are definitely things that kids their age everywhere dream of doing. (And let's face it, kids my age too!!) 
There were also so many interesting tidbits of information expertly woven into the story.
Sometimes I would be listening along and then I would learn some interesting fact that might just stick in my brain along the way.
This was a great example of a well done Middle Grade book!
I am impressed by not only the author's style, but the enthusiasm that the narrator had! I can't say how glad I was to not have to listen to an audiobook in a monotonous voice!
And for a minute let's touch upon that cover! MG books always seem to have some of the pretties covers! I LOVE IT!!!
This is definitely a book that both younger readers and adults alike will enjoy!!!


The good news is that for the duration of the tour the ebook will only be $.99!! Instead of $4.99!!! Make sure you pick up your copy before September 20th!! (Which is tomorrow!!)
http://www.amazon.com/Ghost-Leopard-Fantasy-Adventure-ebook/dp/B007XZ7UI0/ref=sr_1_1_title_1_kin?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1378312048&sr=1-1

Lars Guignard is a former film and television writer and a graduate of both McGill University and the American Film Institute in Los Angeles. His debut thriller novel, Lethal Circuit, has been an amazon top 100 Technothriller since its release.
Guignard has wanted to write Indian stories for kids ever since he attended a boarding school in the majestic Himalayas. The time he spent in the “school above the clouds” affected him
profoundly, and once he returned home to North America he was struck by the lack of children’s stories from India available in our culture. Since India is such an incredible country, he decided
to write a series of action adventure books for young adults about India to introduce young readers to this magical, mystical land. So if you’re looking for a great book adventure for kids, try Ghost Leopard today!
Author Sites:
Website | Twitter | Facebook


3 winners will receive Zoe & Zak and the Ghost Leopard as an audiobook, paperback or ebook
It is open worldwide
a Rafflecopter giveaway





2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your review, especially since you dislike audiobooks. I appreciate that you took this book on and gave it a chance. Best, Lars

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you gave this one a shot! I loved traveling to India and I loved the narrator as well. I think that I'll remember this book the most for those two things because they were SO well done.
    Thanks so much for hosting a tour stop!

    BTW, it might just be my browser, but I can't see the images. I refreshed the page and they still didn't show up, so I wanted to mention it just in case. :)

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment, about anything really, you will make my day, maybe even my week if it's a really great comment! =D Anyhow I will try to respond and if you have a blog, leave me the link! I would love to check it out!!