Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Indie-Credible Author Elle Strauss



The biggest question a person can ever ask is how someone can pull themselves away from the crowd. To stand out to an extent that others will notice.

And somehow in the sea of indie authors Elle Strauss has managed to become a well known known, respected author who everyone can count on to publish an amazing book. (I kid you not)

So  my first experience with her books was when I stumbled across Clockwise for free on Amazon. At first I was apprehensive. I mean I love time traveling but so often authors just can't pull it off. Needless to say the minute I finished I went back to read the rest of the series. And then after that I went onto the rea of her books.

One of the things that I admire so much about her is all of the different books she has. Some are MG, some YA. She has Sci-fi and historical among so many other genres.

On top of that she encourages other writers.

Yep, how many other writers go out of their way to help others out.... Some do, but Elle Strauss has done soooo much more! On her website she has so many tips and tricks and advice. If I ever considered writing a book I would go there first. She also has links to websites that will help people get published. Yeah, she did all that on top of writing phenomenal books. There is even a vlog to help out those aspiring writers. Need I say how impressed I am?

And what's more is that Elle is an author who is there to help others. I feel like so many authors are all about themselves but after stalking (strike that) examining closely Elle's Twitter Feed I have to say that she really cares about the other authors in the writing community!

Okay so now that I've talked about her as a person let me talk about her books.

I could say they are awesome. But that seems so inadequate.

When reading indie books I'm always watching for grammar and spelling mistakes. I mean a few are fine but some books have excessive mistakes. Well, Elle's books sure pass the test. It doesn't look like she just churns them out, it really looks like she put effort into her books.
On top of that its hard not to love her characters. They are so well written and genuine. They have flaws yet they remain strong. Simply amazing, if you ask me.

There are so many things that I could say about Elle.

Not only are her books amazing, but her personality as well. She is a person that many indie authors will aspire to be and an author that I will look up to and admire.

To me Elle Strauss is not only an author that I can look to when I desperately need a book that will knock my socks off, but she is a person who is a definite leader among the indie author crowd.

There is so much more I could say about Elle, but for fear of this getting far to rambly and fangirly I'll end it on the idea that Elle Strauss is without a doubt INDIE-CREDIBLE!!!

WHO IS ELLE STRAUSS
Lee Strauss writes historical and science fiction/romance for upper YA and adult readers. She also writes light and fun stuff under the name Elle Strauss. To find out more about Lee and her books check out her facebook page. Follow her on Twitterhttps://twitter.com/elle_strauss to find out about new releases sign up for her newsletter at www.ellestraussbooks.com

Author Links:
*******************************************
Now for those of you who don't know Contrition, the third book in the Perception trilogy, is coming out soon!! (September 26th I believe!!!) this is a series that I adore!!! And I was so happy to get the chance to interview Rebecca for a character interview!! 
As a refresher Rebecca grew up on a commune and we are introduced to her in Volation. I was always fascinated by her and her views of the world. 
On a side note Perception is currently free for kindle and Volation is only $.99!!! Go pick these books up now!!!


ANYHOW here is the interview with Rebecca!!

My questions are in bold while Elle's answers are in italics. 

1.) So Rebecca.... How did it feel to just up and leave your home? The place that you've known your entire life?
 It was scary, but necessary. I didn't know that at the time, but I see it now. It's amazing how strong you can be when you have people around you who care deeply about you.

2.) I've noticed you don't like humanoids very much, and attribute that fact to your religion. Is there anything else about them that you find insanely creepy? 
Well, yeah, their eyes. They're glossy but blank, like they have no soul. That's because they don't. Have a soul.

3.) If I told you that you had the choice between remaining in the commune for the rest of your life or destroying all humanoids, what would you pick?
 I don't like to destroy things, but humanoids aren't human. Turning them off would be like turning off the generator. They may not agree, though. And isn't that the real problem?

4.) Burning question here: Would you say that homemade butter is better than the store bought kind? Any tips to help me make my own? Anything homemade is better. Tips? 
Push-ups. You have to be strong to churn the cream. And churn. And churn.

5.) So you like Taylor, huh? Care to comment? *waggles eyebrows* 
Oh, that is so embarrassing. I don't think he knows, so don't tell, okay.  I'm afraid he sees me as a sister. It's really troublesome.

6.) When you first met Zoe and Noah, what was your first reaction? Did you think that Zoe's clothes were "inappropriate?" 
My first impression was that they would be trouble, and I was right about that one, wasn't I? A hundred times over. Of course, Zoe's clothes are inappropriate. And now that she has short hair, you can't even tell she's a girl from a distance.

7.) And another Zoe and Noah question (c'mon I love these two! I had to ask!) What do you think is in the future for them? Should I be afraid? 
I have no idea what the future is for them, or for any of us. Who can know the future but God. And yes to your last question. We should all be afraid.

8.) From what I can tell Hannah seems really important to you and you've known her all your life. Is she like a sister to you? 
Hannah is the sweetest gift. I don't know where I'd be without her. She's a sister and a friend. The best kind. Even if she's made a few bad decisions lately.


And down below here is my interview with Elle!!

1.) How did you come up with the idea for Perception? Is there a story that goes with it?
 I watched a documentary a number of years ago about the science of aging, and how science can now be used to slow it down and maybe someday even stop it. It got me thinking about the ramifications of that. Who'd get to live longer? Everyone? Just the rich? Just the white? etc. And what do we do when our scientific breakthroughs cross ethical and moral boundaries? Who get's to decide what those are?


2.) Out of all the books you've written, do you have favorites? 
No. I love all my babies the same!

3.) Out of the Perception series, who is your favorite character? Was there some that were more fun to write about than others? 
Uh, Noah? Isn't he everyone's favorite character?? Grandpa Vanderveen was pretty fun to write. *evilmaniac

4.) Are there any books that you think readers and lovers of your series will enjoy? After reading one of your books I always seem to want more!! 
Susan Kaye Quinn's Open Minds Trilogy. It's a fab sic/fi, dystopian romance about what it would be like if you were the only one who couldn't read minds

5.) You seem to come out with a ton of books! And that's a good thing especially because they are soooo good! Are there times when you just don't feel like being a writer? Like you just feel like you're struggling with the characters? Any advice for people this happens to?
I always want to be a writers, but there are times when the muse is quiet or my butt is just plain sore. The best thing to do then is to get up and be physical. I find a good, brisk walk unlocks creativity and gets blood flowing back to where it's needed. :)

6.) Do you have any plans for any new books?? 
Of course! My next project is a contemporary romance called SUN & MOON. It's about a risk-taking singer songwriter whose world collides against a brooding stranger with a secret. Set in Dresden Germany.

7.) I'm expecting great things from Contrition!!! In Volition there was so much build up between Noah and Zoe! You managed to do that do well!! Can you give me any hints about what I can expect?? 
hmm. I don't think that would be fair. Don't want to spoil it for you. :)

8.) How do you feel about ending the Perception series?
 It's a bitter sweet. I've been living with these characters and their problems for a long time now, I'll miss hanging out with them. But I'm looking forward to my next venture and new conflicted characters. (see #7)

9.) Completely unrelated question but if you could only wear one color for the rest of your life, What would it be? Black.

Thank you much Elle for letting me interview you!! I had loads of fun!! Can't wait until Contrition comes out!!! 









1 comment:

  1. Very cool! Off to add her books to my TBR. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment, about anything really, you will make my day, maybe even my week if it's a really great comment! =D Anyhow I will try to respond and if you have a blog, leave me the link! I would love to check it out!!