Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Interview with Romily Bernard: Author of Find Me


Today I am so EXCITED to get to hast a stop on the tour for Romily Bernard's debut novel, Find Me.

(I just wanted to mention that not only is Romily one of the best writers...EVER, she's also one of the coolest people in the WORLD! Yep, It's true!!!)


HERE'S A BIT ABOUT THE BOOK:
“Find Me.”

These are the words written on Tessa Waye’s diary. The diary that ends up with Wick Tate. But Tessa’s just been found . . . dead.

Wick has the right computer-hacking skills for the job, but little interest in this perverse game of hide-and-seek. Until her sister Lily is the next target.

Then Griff, trailer-park boy next door and fellow hacker, shows up, intent on helping Wick. Is a happy ending possible with the threat of Wick’s deadbeat dad returning, the detective hunting him sniffing around Wick instead, and a killer taunting her at every step?

Foster child. Daughter of a felon. Loner hacker girl. Wick has a bad attitude and sarcasm to spare.

But she’s going to find this killer no matter what.


Because it just got personal.


Alright, now for this AMAZING interview! I think it just proves how epic Romily and her book are!! :-)

***NOTE***
The Questions will be in black and Romily's answers will be in red. If I want to add something, my response will be in green!

During the course of writing this book what did your Google search history look like?
            Sigh. It was so not normal. Stuff like, “How many stories do you need to jump to die?” Or “How many months for a body to decompose?” At best, it was bizarre. At worst…um, yeah, we won’t think about that. Search history stuff got way worse with the second book, REMEMBER ME. I had to look up how to make homemade bombs. Thought for sure I was going to get a visit from the Georgia Bureau of Investigation. If I disappear, y’all will know what happened.

(Nooo!!! You can't disappear!! I need more of your books!! I will FIND YOU!!!)

Did you have to search a lot of hacking terms....? Or did you just know?
            I was lucky enough to be able to ask some computer experts about technical details. I worry constantly about getting them wrong so I had a metric ton of notes. I’m sure I aggravated everyone. But there’s nothing more annoying than when you run across a mistake, you know?

(Well from my limited computer knowledge, you wrote everything perfectly!! I am so glad you bothered those people!!!)

And if you did, would you be willing to help me hack into my school’s lunch system to change the meal schedules?
If I had that kind of skill, I would totally change your school’s menu schedule. Maybe we should start a petition?

(THANK YOU!!! I shall begin my petition immediately!!)

Okay, the name Wicket is so cool and really seemed to fit her! How did you come up with such a unique name? Is there a story behind it?
            Thank you!! I’m embarrassed to say I have no idea why she’s named Wick. It just kind of…happened. You know that part where she says, “It’s Wick. It’s what you light to set stuff on fire.”? That part seemed to fit her more than anything so I stuck with it. Honestly though? Almost all my heroines have weird names. Maybe that’s because my name is kind of weird too, but, because it’s mine, I think it’s normal.

(That is so not embarrassing! Wick definitely fits her name! And that quote!! SO PERFECT!!!)

What was the hardest part of the book to write? Was there a certain chapter that felt impossible?
            Can I say all of them? Kidding! I’m kidding. Sort of. I struggle with fight scenes and kiss scenes. Getting all that emotion on the page…it takes a lot of typing and deleting and wandering around the house while eating frosting from the tub. My process is not graceful.

(But frosting is sooooo good! YUM! And the fight scenes and kissing scenes! OMG, I LOVED THEM!!! They really were written SO WELL!!!)

That ending…. WOW! *whistles* How on Earth did you come up with it? Was it planned out or did it just hit you while you were writing?
            Thank you!! I didn’t know who my bad guy was until probably…3/4 into the book? Yeah, that sounds about right. I remember meeting my future agent and she asked me who the bad guy was and I went, “I dunno.” This does not inspire confidence, but she stuck it out with me anyway. Woman is a saint.

(That's great! I love how you had NO IDEA what the ending would be! It just shows that NO ONE should be expecting it!!)

So you probably get this question a lot, but what do YOU think of the cover? Do you think it fits Find Me? Is it all that you had dreamed and hoped for when thinking of a Find Me cover?
            Okay, between us, I screamed when I saw it. And I was at work. Real professional, right? To cover up, I pretended I’d seen a spider the size of a pony. Made me look like such a girl. Sigh.
            But that cover? It’s gorgeous. Beyond gorgeous. Joel Tippie (the designer) is amazing. I had no input (which was for the best because I can’t even draw stick figures) so I had no idea what to expect. I think Harper really knocked that one of out of the park.

(I think that I would have screamed too! THAT COVER IS SO GORGEOUS!! And it fits the book so well! I just want to stare at it all day!!!)

There’s a sequel planned…isn’t there? Any comments?? (LIKE HOW LONG MUST I WAIT?! I need it NOW!)
            Yes!! FIND ME’s first in a trilogy. REMEMBER ME is out September 2014. Want a teaser? How about bombs, the truth about Wick’s mother suicide, and more hacking? Oh and a lot more Griff.

(Okay the first time I read the answer the only woulds that processed was : "YES!! FIND ME's first in a trilogy! Then I sat there grinning at my computer.... And that teaser!! BOMBS, WICK'S MOM, HACKING, AND GRIFF?! ANTICIPATION FACTOR SKYROCKETS!!!)

Okay favorite character in Find Me? Do you have one….Or would you prefer to remain impartial?
            Heh. I will totally play favorites. I love Wick, but as far as favorite…probably Griff. He’s confident, sexy, and does not let her push him over. Even when she sort of out smarts him. Remember the pool scene? J I think that’s one of the things he likes best about her anyway. She’s smarter, faster, better than he is and, instead of those qualities being a turnoff, they’re a turn-on.

( I LOVE THE POOL SCENE!!! :-) And I have to agree! GRIFF is just plain old AWESOME!)


I want to take a minute to thank Read Books and Live Green for having me! Writers are so very lucky to have bloggers! Hope everyone enjoyed the post and I hope you enjoy FIND ME!

On that note I just want to reiterate the complete awesomeness of Romily! As of right now, Find Me is one of my favorite books of 2013 and Romily is definitely one of the best authors out there! Not only is her book amazing, but she is soooo NICE!!! 
So go check out FIND ME!!! IT JUST CAME OUT!! GO PRESS BUY!!!!

And on top of all that awesomeness Nova Lee Zaiden @ Musings of a Blogder (@NovaBlogder) is hosting a twitter party for signed copies of Find Me on September 24th at 7 PM EST
Follow the rest of the tour as well as the Six Months Later tour by clicking the pretty button!







FIND YOUR own copy of the book at one of these links!



I graduated from Georgia State University with a Literature degree. Since then, I’ve worked as a riding instructor, cell phone salesgirl, personal assistant, groom, exercise rider, accounting assistant, and, during a very dark time, customer service rep.
So don’t let anyone tell you a BA degree will keep you unemployed.

You can find her here:
-US ONLY!!
YOU MUST ANSWER MY QUESTION OF THE DAY! (Found below)
-Win one of two signed hardbacks
IT ENDS SEPTEMBER 26TH!!!!
The most points win!!
a Rafflecopter giveaway


QUESTION OF THE DAY: ARE YOU PLANNING TO CRACK THE SPINE OF THE AWESOMENESS THAT IS FIND ME?
Are you excited for the books release?
And if you have checked out my review and playlist found here, what do you think?



2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was fantastic insight on this already amazing book! I seriously appreciate this book a lot more now that I know how much effort was put in making it <3

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment, about anything really, you will make my day, maybe even my week if it's a really great comment! =D Anyhow I will try to respond and if you have a blog, leave me the link! I would love to check it out!!