Saturday, September 21, 2013

Teens Take Over: Just Another Teen Reading

(The banner was made by the wonderful Emz over at Icy Cold Reads! FYI: HER BLOG IS BEAUTIFUL!)

So if you haven't heard (either on Twitter or by looking at the tab up above) I have decided to start a new feature on my blog called Teens Take Over! 
I am so excited to be able to have the chance to interview some of my fellow teen bloggers and also be able to tell everyone the complete greatness of teens!


To see more about this new feature and the background behind it, either go click on that BEAUTIFUL banner or go to the tab up above!


Today I am so excited to introduce another of my bloggy friends, Jessica @ Just Another Teen Reading! I love this girl! She is so much fun to talk to and we can chat about our mutual love of Nancy Drew computer Games (FYI: If you don't play them, you HAVE NOT LIVED! And you just aren't as cool as Jessica either!)

As always my questions are in black. Jessica's responses are in blue. My thought will be in green! 
Name you blog Under: Jessica
Favorite Genres: Fantasy and Contemporary
Interesting facts about you: Um...I'm a ballet dancer and I love to make crafts and draw!
Any favorite books or authors you want to mention? Ally Carter, Jennifer E. Smith, Shannon Messenger, Joan Bauer, and so many others!
Favorite color? How about three? Mint Green, Teal, and Hot Pink
(GREEN!! Since you included it on your favorite color list we can officially be best friends!!)
1.) So what was the factor that pushed you over the edge to getting a blog? Did you wake up one morning and hit the create button or did you think about it for days? Anything you wish you could change?
I actually had been reading other book blogs for about three years before I decided to start my own! I really wanted to make one, but was kinda nervous about it. A few months ago I decided to make the leap and do it! If I could change anything, it would be that I wish I had learned about the tech aspects a little more before starting a blog. I'm still learning a lot every day about it!
(So true! The tech aspects are one of the hardest parts for me!)

2.) Are there any other teen bloggers out there who you want to give a shout out to?
Um...There are so many that I would not want to forget to mention any of them. How about all teen bloggers in general!
(LET'S GO TEENS!! Thanks for voicing your opinions!!!)
3.) How do you manage to have a blog with school? I mean you probably have loads of homework and extracurricular activities! How do you juggle it all?
It can be hard sometimes with school and ballet and everything else I have to do, but I'm trying to be more organized with my time. Like making a blog schedule. Which is kinda hard for me! But I'm trying!
(It's definitely hard at first, but the more you practice the better you'll get at it! And just think, you'll be super prepared for college!!!)
4.) Let's check your imagination! Go and pick a random follower and tell me their life's story! If you don't want to do them you can do me! And feel free to make it all up or if you want to be a detective....  DO IT!!!
Okay, I'm gonna go out there with this! You...Live in a castle in the woods and ride in a helicopter to school, you have a pet dragon named Licorice, and you're a wizard in your spare time!
(*GASPS* You're onto me! How did you find out about Licorice!!!! HE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A SECRET? And a wizard *glances around shiftily* not sure where you heard that "rumor"!)
5.) Now I'm sure that as a teen you want to take over the world. I mean what teen doesn't? So if there was a massive rebellion, what role would you play?
-The evil leader who is trying to squash the rebellion
-The rebel leader who instructs everyone and gives the commands. 
-The rebels oh so sweet best friend who supports that rebel!
-The dog trainer who sets dogs on either the rebels or the evil leader depending on your mood...
-The neutral person. You wouldn't care. What happens, happens. 
Um...The dog trainer? :) No, probably the best friend!
(Ahh... Loyal to a fault) 
6.) Okay your fan art…. It’s GORGEOUS! Have I mentioned that already? ;-) What inspired you to start doing that? And how do you pick what books to do? 
Awww, thank you!!! It's not that great. I've always liked art and one day I was just playing around on pixlr with some different fonts and thought it would be fun to make something about a book I love! I had seen other people do fan art for books and thought it would be fun to try it myself. I like doing hand drawn stuff to, but that is not something I'm very good at! How do I pick what book? It's either the most recent book I've read or an old favorite I just felt like making one for! :)
Look me in the face and tell me that this is not some of the coolest computer made fan art ever! AND DID YOU SEE HER BUTTON? GORGEOUS! She's seriously good guys!!! 
7.) Okay what is it like to be home schooled? You probably knew I was going to ask you this one! 
It's really nice! I LOVE being homeschooled, it really works for me!
(So jealous)

8.) Okay so you read manga and the other day you gave me some great recs that I still need to check out! Care to share a few favorites for those (like me) looking to explore a bit in that genre!
Okay, I'm definitely not an expert on manga, But I'm gonna try!If you love contemporary books, Strobe Edge or Kimi Ni Todoke are really awesome ones! Also I Am Here! is really good. For ones that will make you laugh, Ouran High School Host Club is hilarious! But if you don't like really weird books...it may not be the best to start with. Skip Beat! is really funny also! And if you can still find copies in print, Happy Cafe is funny too! That series never got finished in the US though. And for a fun fantasy about a witch in the human world, Ultra Maniac is a lot of fun! If you're an animal lover, Chi's Sweet home is really...well, sweet. : D Okay, I'll be quiet now! :)
(MUST LOOK INTO THESE NOW!!!)

9.) What is the best part about blogging? Do you think that book blogging has impacted your life in any way?
Getting to talk to others about books I love, finding new books, and talking to some really fun people because of those things!
(Totally agree! I love being able to talk to people about books! Such a cool and surreal feeling!!)
10.) RANDOM PAGE QUOTE! Grab the nearest book flip to a random page, close your eyes and point to a quote! Write the quote down! Any opinion about it?
From Etiquette and Espionage by Gail Carriger page 6,
"But I don't want to be a vampire drone" Sophronia winced. "They'll suck my blood and make me wear only the very latest fashions." Petunia nodded in I-know-more-than-you manner that was highly aggravating. "Yes. Yes they will."
I'm currently reading that book and I think I managed to pick the weirdest quote in it. :D
(Ohhh! Really enjoyed that book! Love that quote even if it is weird!!)

11.)  Do you have a favorite cover that you can think of RIGHT NOW?  
Oh, this is hard! Right now, my favorite cover is most likely The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith!
The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight
Hideous! Isn't it?
The Statistical Probability of Love at First SightI'll assume you mean this cover and not the dreaded paperback cover! WHY MUST PEOPLE CHANGE THE COVERS!!!



















Cats or Dogs Both! If I have to pick, dogs!
First word that pops into your mind when I say the word Orangutan? Orange, I don't know why.
Physical of Ebook Physical!
Jennifer E. Smith or Ally Carter Ally Carter!
Lizard or Turtle Turtle!
Time or Distance Time!
Best Teen Blogging friend or inspiration? You! (Awww! You are seriously AMAZING! And soooo sweet!)
Chances of you never talking to me again after this interview? Well...I'd say the chances are good I'll talk to you! :)
(YAY!!! I have a friend who won't run away from me!!!!) 

Where you can find this amazing blogger: 

4 comments:

  1. Awww, thank you!!! You're amazing too! This was a lot of fun! :) I'm looking forward to keep reading everyone else's answers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so cool that Jessica makes fan art. I really like the YA Books graphic.

    As always, I really love this feature. I love finding new teen blogs to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your choices of favorite authors :)
    We have the same tastes!
    http://theyabookbutterfly.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment, about anything really, you will make my day, maybe even my week if it's a really great comment! =D Anyhow I will try to respond and if you have a blog, leave me the link! I would love to check it out!!