Thursday, October 3, 2013

American Girls on Saturn Review

 photo agosbanner_zps805fca2c.jpg
 photo AGOSKindleCover_zpscc47a084.jpg
Title: American Girl on Saturn
Author: Nikki Godwin
Genre: YA Contemporary
Series: Saturn #1
Rating: Owl

THE PREMISE
The summer after graduation is supposed to be that first real taste of freedom - but not for eighteen-year-old Chloe Branson. Just as that breeze of freedom is making its way into her galaxy, her secret-service-agent dad drops a meteor-sized bomb of bad news on her and her sisters. An attempt has been made on the lives of Canadian boyband, Spaceships Around Saturn, during their USA tour, and the guys have to go into hiding ASAP. The only problem? In the midst of the crisis and media frenzy, their dad volunteered to hide the guys...in their house.

Six-year-old Emery is as ecstatic as any self-proclaimed Saturnite would be, but Chloe and her seventeen-year-old sister Aralie watch their summer plans crash and burn like a falling star. The SAS guys aren't happy with the situation, either. Bad boy Jules picks fights with Aralie about everything from his Twitter followers to his laundry, and heart-throb Benji can't escape Emery's fangirlisms for more than three minutes.

But after the super-cute Milo kisses Chloe during a game of hide-and-seek, she finally understands what Emery means when she talks about SAS being "out of this world." If this is what Saturn feels like, Chloe doesn't want to come back to Earth.

MY THOUGHTS

Before I picked up this book I was feeling kind of desperate. I needed something light and quick and really fun to take my mind off Truman Capote's In Cold Blood. (I mean really that book gives me the creeps!) 

So I scrolled through my kindle shelf and was thinking about all the possibilities. And then the cover caught my eye.

I remembered signing up for the tour because of all the good things people were saying about it.... I was a little bit nervous, but by the end of the first page I was in love. 

I mean come on they were judging the direness of a situation based purely upon the kind of ice cream their dad wanted! That's my kind of family! 

But my love for this book only grew as I read along. 

You see I'm no the kind of person who laughs. I'll smile sure, maybe even let out a little snort, but full out laughter over a book? So not me.

But with this book it was a constant laughter. It was just that funny. 

The characters were great! 

Chloe was the kind of character, that yeah, she was flawed, but she was so amazing to read about! I think her struggles as a teenager are some that many could relate to.... But they may have been a little more extreme then they are in real life.

Milo and Chloe had a really sweet relationship and watching them grow was fantastic!!

Emery was so cute and adorable and just plain old fun! 

I loved reading about the band members too!!!

Overall this is a book that I would recommend to everyone!! 
It was so cute and sweet. And really light!!

I can safely say that so far it is one of my favorite contemporaries of the year!!! 

Purchase linksAmazon | B&N | Smashwords


Nikki Godwin is a Young Adult/New Adult author from the southern USA. She is a city girl who can't live without Mountain Dew, black eyeliner, Hawthorne Heights, and candles from Bath & Body Works. When not writing, she's not-so-secretly internet-stalking her favorite bands. She may or may not completely love One Direction.



a Rafflecopter giveaway

2 comments:

  1. This is one of those books that really caught my eye and now I can't get it out of my head - I'm so glad that it lives up to the adorable cover! Thanks for your review!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book sounds amazing, thank you for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment, about anything really, you will make my day, maybe even my week if it's a really great comment! =D Anyhow I will try to respond and if you have a blog, leave me the link! I would love to check it out!!