Tuesday, October 15, 2013

More than Jamie Baker: It only gets better

More Than Jamie Baker (Jamie Baker, #2)

Author: Kelly Oram
Series: Being Jamie Baker #2
Genre: YA, Romance, Fantasy
Rating: OWL

THE PREMISE

Jamie Baker, the only girl in the world with superpowers, has now accepted who she is and learned to control her power. Not to mention she has the best boyfriend on the planet. Life is finally looking good. But the day she witnesses an accident and decides not to save the guy out of fear of being exposed, she realizes that simply being Jamie Baker isn't enough.
After seeing Jamie so wrecked with guilt, the ever-helpful Ryan Miller decides it's time to make all of his fantasies about turning his girlfriend into an honest-to-goodness superhero become a reality.
Of course, coming up with a decent Super Name and fending off all of Ryan's attempts to get her into spandex aren't the only problems Jamie faces. The more her alter ego starts to make headlines, the harder it becomes for Jamie to hide her extracurricular activities from her best friend, the government, radical scientists, and the mysterious new guy who is determined to steal her from her boyfriend


                                 MY THOUGHTS
So unless you live under a rock (in which case I am sure you would be completely flattened unless it was just a teeny tiny rock) or if you have never been on my blog before, or maybe if you're oblivious to the world, then maybe, JUST maybe, you haven't heard of my complete undying love for Being Jamie Baker by Kelly Oram.
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here, but already I'm kind of apprehensive about you.
I mean, I'm the kind of fan where if I could create a fan club for this book I would. I would do it in an instant! In fact, I believe I shall start a Jamie Baker fandom. Better yet, I'm going to make a Goodreads group about this book.

Trust me on this, guys, Jamie is a superhero and I am her super fan.

 photo JamieBakerFandomAd_zps23eb2ebd.png
 photo JamieBakerSupportgroups_zps95ec684f.png
This is a book that I can say without a doubt, I LOVE and ADORE IT!

I got to revisit some of my favorite characters.
There were resolutions that I needed.
New mysteries opened up.
I got to see more of my favorite couple.
I got to see Jamie grow as a character.
And by the end my heart was shattered into a thousand little tiny pieces.

Here's the thing, I CAN'T TELL YOU MUCH!
I don't want to spoil anything for those of you who haven't read the first, or more likely those who have yet to have read the second!

I can say that this book was amazing.
Ryan Miller STILL ROCKS!
Jamie was a fantastic character!
The love triangle isn't really a love triangle... but it is super duper important to the whole book.
And after you finish this one... If you don't end up in a catatonic state in desperate need of the next book, then YOU ARE A HEARTLESS THING and I'm not quite sure we can be friends! (Kidding...sort of...)

If you've read Being Jamie Baker and you loved it, then I'm pretty sure you'll like this one just as much!

And if you've yet to pick up the first one, GET ON THAT!!!!! NOW!!!!


Below are some of my reactions for the book that I just happened to write down!

*Notr: The big sections of silence mean I was to into the book to even  consider updating!*

 photo JAMIEREACTIONS_zpse9912785.jpg


OWL=FIVE STARS









 And if you haven't seen the trailer for Being Jamie Baker... WATCH IT!! SOOOO GOOD!



1 comment:

  1. I still need to read the first book! It sounds really good! Ah, so many books, so little hours to read them. :)

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment, about anything really, you will make my day, maybe even my week if it's a really great comment! =D Anyhow I will try to respond and if you have a blog, leave me the link! I would love to check it out!!