Monday, October 14, 2013

What's going down and why YOU should be jumping up and down with excitement...

Hey everyone, WHAT'S UP??

I hope that you all had a fantastic weekend, I mean it! I really hope it's been wonderful.

And here we come to the part where you question the title of this post, right?

I mean, what reason is there to be excited, it is the weekdays after all....

BUT THERE IS A FANTABULOUS REASON! I PROMISE!!
It is so good that when you find out, you, like me, will be leaping for joy, screaming with an astounding amount of enthusiasm.

But I'm not going to tell you what it is.

You're going have to wait, at my mercy, dying to hear my news....


KIDDING

That was just a nasty joke on my part! (I am evil, you just haven't realized it yet!) 

So the news....

What is is, you may ask.

Well it has something to do with winter.


And also with finding hidden things.

IT A HUGE EVENT.

Hosted by not only me, but my, WONDERFUL CO-HOST Jessica from Reviews Abound
(You can also find her on Twitter @ReviewsAbound)

So here's the rundown.

The plan for us is to host a GIANT event.
There will be A LOT of blogs participating
and with any luck there will be lucks of prizes, chances for you to meet NEW people, and have a blast!

Right now we are kind of thinking that it will be one big game where we'll include different holidays around the world.

We were thinking maybe a 25 day count down to Christmas hunt where each day something new is reveled! Like every day a new clue is told! And YOU have to put the puzzle together! (Thanks to Rachel @ Beauty and the Bookshelf for this idea!)
And I think that's a BRILLIANT idea, BUT I still want to incorporate other holidays in too! (We don't want to be biased) So I was talking to Meredith @ Pandora's Books and she was talking about Chanukah and how maybe we could space the eight days of Chanukah out! (I know that it's really early this year, but I'm more worried about making sure we include EVERYONE!) 
And Emz @ Icy Cold Reads just suggested something to do with Chinese New Year! (THAT WOULD BE SO SUPER COOL!!!) 
And I know there are so many other holidays out there!! (SO PLEASE LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS OR ON TWITTER WHAT YOU THINK WE SHOULD INCLUDE!!!)

We were also thinking about teams and maybe splitting people into groups (if we get enough people) and having them focus on different parts of the world! 

AND WITHIN EACH POST, DON'T WORRY THERE WILL BE BOOKISH THINGS TOO! 

So you can see that Whole Big complicated mess of ideas that we need to get sorted out. 
And in order to do so I need your help!

First of all, WE NEED A NAME!
I know I keep calling it the WinterScavnger Hunt...BUT that seems to boring and PROBABLY already taken. (YASH does a winter Scavenger Hunt... I don't want people to be confused!!)

WE ALSO NEED PARTICIPANTS!!-I'm going to put sign-up forms below and having you sign up would be BEYOND AMAZING!

WE ALSO NEED PRIZES!-We need a reason for the hunt, so if you want to donate a prize, please DO IT! If your an author and want to donate a copy of your book that would be swell!!! Please fill out the 

AUTHORS: Do you want to be hosted? We have a limited number of spots available! See the form below!!! Also if you want to host ON YOUR OWN BLOG that same form has what you need!!

SHOULD WE COME UP WITH A HASHTAG??? I feel like we should! That way we could get our ideas all together!!! So if you think of one, THAT WOULD BE GREAT! (NOTE: Please make sure it's one that NO ONE ELSE USES!!!) 

Basically what I'm saying is we can't do this alone! LET'S MAKE THIS A HUGE BLOGGING EVENT! 

So what can you do???

SPREAD THE WORD!
COME UP WITH SOME COOL DESIGNS AND BUTTONS (We actually have people on it, but if you want to help them out, let me know and I can direct you to them!!!)
SIGN UP
TELL US YOUR THOUGHTS (WE ARE FRIENDLY!!!!)

You can contact us by email!
readbooksandlivegreen@yahoo.com (Cal~THIS IS ME!!!!) OR reviewsabound@yahoo.com (Jessica)

SO FILL OUT THE FORMS BELOW AND EMAIL ME!!!!! 

ARE YOU AS EXCITED AS ME???
(PROBABLY NOT...)


THE AUTHOR ONE




THE BLOGGER ONE




DONATION FORM!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you leave a comment, about anything really, you will make my day, maybe even my week if it's a really great comment! =D Anyhow I will try to respond and if you have a blog, leave me the link! I would love to check it out!!