Monday, November 25, 2013

Run for the Roses: Review

Displaying Run for the Roses new tour banner.pngRun for the Roses
Author: Rachel Schieffelbein
Genre: YA, Contemporary, Romance
Series: None
Rating: Bison= 4 Stars


THE PREMISE
       Abigail Conrad has spent her whole life training for one goal: to win the roses at the Arabian Youth Nationals. She’s given up friends, a social life, and doesn’t have time to even think about guys -- much less date!
    Now that she’s headed off to college in the fall, it’s her last chance to be a Youth National Champion, and she won’t let anything distract her from that dream.
        Except maybe Chase, the older brother of Abigail's biggest rival. He’s charming, funny, and possibly Abigail's biggest problem. How can she focus on riding when her mind keeps wandering to Chase’s green eyes and confident smile?
     With her dream on the line, Abigail had better learn to fight her growing attraction to Chase, or she might end up losing the roses and the guy.

MY THOUGHTS
I have to admit I was super excited to read this novella! I have always loved horses and have always read books that involved horses. And recently I've realized I've been straying away from that. And it's not a bad thing.... I've found so many other fantastic books, but sometimes it's great to go back and read topics that got you interested in reading in the first place! As was the case with this delightful novella. 

Basically it's about a girl who is trying to do the best she can in her horse completion. She's insanely driven and never makes time for anything else. She's also extremely competitive and views everyone else as if they are acting the same way she does. 

The main focus was the romance but it was also about a girl growing up and realizing that free time is just as important as being driven and succeeding in everything you do. (Something I can totally sympathize with. I get so caught up and stressed about school and sometimes I just need to take a step back.)

I could picture the events in this book happening in real life and I love the author's portrayal of what it's like to do what Abigail is doing. 

The romance was seriously cute and overall this was an extremely enjoyable read. And on top of that it was a quick read! 

WOULD I READ THIS BOOK: Yes!
WOULD I BUY THIS BOOK: Yes!
WOULD I RECOMMEND THIS BOOK: to those looking for a cute romance and you don't even have to like horses to enjoy it!
WILL I READ MORE BY THIS AUTHOR: I fully intend to! I can't wait to see what else she comes up with!


 
 
Displaying rachel run for roses.jpg
Rachel grew up in a tiny town in Minnesota. She still lives there, with her husband and their four kids. She coaches high school speech and theater, rides Arabian horses, reads as much as she can, and writes stories.

 
***Author Links***
http://rachelmarybean-writingonthewall.blogspot.com/
http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7044030.Rachel_Schieffelbein
http://www.twitter.com/RMSchieffelbein
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rachel-Schieffelbein-author/495759520488755


 


***GIVEAWAY***
1 - $10 iTunes Gift Card & ebook of Run For the Roses (INT)
3 – ebook of Run For the Roses (INT)

a Rafflecopter giveaway

Displaying YA Bounk Tour Button.png

4 comments:

  1. Oh yay!! I'm so glad you liked it! :) :) Thanks for the review!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And thank you so much for writing this great book!

      Delete
  2. Great review! I keep seeing so much praise for this book. Makes me glad I already own it so I can read it sooner rather than later! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! Hope you have a blast reading it! Enjoy!

      Delete

If you leave a comment, about anything really, you will make my day, maybe even my week if it's a really great comment! =D Anyhow I will try to respond and if you have a blog, leave me the link! I would love to check it out!!