Sunday, November 24, 2013

Secrets and Lies: Review

TITLE: Secrets and Lies
AUTHOR: Chritine Amsden
GENRE: NA, Urban Fantasy, Mystery
SERIES: Cassie Scot: ParaNormal Detective 
RATING: OWL-FIVE STARS

There is no doubt in my mind that Secrets and Lies lived up to all my expectations. Needless to say that this book was FANTASTIC! And truthfully I may have liked it just as much as the first.... Maybe even more! (Which is so unusual for me) 

At the end of the first book the reader is left with so many open questions. Like what will happen to Cassie? What about her family? How can she possible make it through this? And somehow this amazing author manages to completely stun me with the twists and turns of the book. 

I loved reading about Cassie's interactions with her family as well as the other townspeople. Her reaction to the entire situation is so real and... Possible. The way she reacts is the exact sort of thing I would do if put in her situation! (Not that my parents would ever dare to get did of me!) 

Cassie, even caught up in all the craziness, still manages to make time for her friends. That trait makes me like Cassie all the more! 

This is a series that has so much potential, potential that I had thought might go down with the first book, instead the author holds it together and is able to make me love the books even more. 

These books are the perfect mystery for any person. And the perfect urban fantasy all wrapped into one! This series is BEAUTIFULLY written with such intense REAL characters. Watching the events unfold and reading the book was a treat! 
I am so excited to see what's next in the series and how the author manages to keep it so fresh! 
Without a doubt the next book in the series might be my most anticipated release! 


Christine Amsden


5 comments:

  1. Wow! Reading that review just made my whole day. :) :) :)

    Thank you so much for the glowing review. I can feel how much you loved Cassie and I hope I continue to deliver in the third and fourth books. I was just telling a friend of mine that reading reviews of the second book in a series is more intense than reading reviews of the first. I got off to a super strong start with is immensely gratifying, but then I get paranoid about the follow-through and whether it will live up to (or exceed) expectations. I'm hoping for exceed. :)

    Mind Games is tentatively schedule for April 2014, but we don't set an official release date until the cover art is finalized and the print proof is ready. It may slip back to May. I hope not -- I am eager to see what readers will think of the new direction the series goes in that book.

    A few teasers for Mind Games:

    1. You will meet more of the magical families in Eagle Rock than you have before, as well as some sorcerers from other parts of the country.
    2. Cassie will be (trying) to forge a new relationship with her parents, with limited success.
    3. Matthew Blair, a mind mage, will begin to court Cassie. She will find his suit.... compelling.
    4. Jason will make a brief reappearance (right in the prologue, as a matter of fact, which I may end up posting to my website soon).

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am SO excited for it! This series has quickly become one of favorites and I am so excited to read the next installment! I fully plan to stalk your blog for that prologue! Lol! :-)

      Delete
  2. Ooooooo, I hadn't heard of this one! But it sounds really good!
    Great review :-)
    Em @ http://theyabookbutterfly.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! If you end up starting the series, I hope you enjoy!

      Delete
  3. Great review.. I really liked it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment, about anything really, you will make my day, maybe even my week if it's a really great comment! =D Anyhow I will try to respond and if you have a blog, leave me the link! I would love to check it out!!