Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: 15 Books I would recommend to a 13 year old boy

Top Ten Tuesdays is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish!

THIS WEEK'S TOPIC IS:
Top Ten 15 Books I would recommend to a 13 year old boy.
For reference, I have a 13 year old brother who has liked some of the books below... Although some are ones he hasn't read. And some are ones I haven't read, but I think he might like...
PeakAmong the Hidden (Shadow Children, #1)The Hobbit, or There and Back AgainHoot (Juvenile, #1)The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1)The Alchemyst (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, #1)Magyk (Septimus Heap, #1)The Billionaire's Curse (Billionaire, #1)Leviathan (Leviathan, #1)The Maze Runner (Maze Runner, #1)Blood Red Road (Dust Lands, #1)Not a Drop to Drink Insomnia (The Night Walkers, #1)The Lost Code (The Atlanteans, #1)The Compound (The Compound, #1)

1.) Peak~ I love this book to pieces and I think my brother would to if he would only just pick it up!
2.) Among the Hidden~ I think this was a good series that he enjoyed too!
3.) Hoot~ Every person in the world should read these books! They are amazing!
4.) The Hobbit~ If you haven't read this one... Do you live under a rock?
5.) The Lightning Thief~ This is THE series for EVERYONE!
6.) The Alchemyst ~ BEST SERIES EVER! And it's one that many will enjoy!
7.) Magyk~ This is probably a series that kids younger than 13 will love more than a 13 year old would, but hey, I still love them!
8.) Leviathan~ My brother NEEDS to read this series! I'm not quite sure why he hasn't....
9.) The Maze Runner~ My brother LOVED this series! *smirks* I'm obviously a good recommender!
10.) The Billionaire's Curse~ Such a good MG series that my brother LOVED!
11.) Blood Red Road~ I feel like this is a series that 13 year old boys should really like.... but I'm not sure
12.) Not a Drop to Drink~This is another.... I feel like MAYBE he would like it....
13.) The Lost Code~ Currently he is reading this.... And I feel like it's something a 13 year old would like!
14.) Insomnia~ Maybe... I haven't read this one... but still I think he would like it....
15.) The Compound~ I haven't read this one either, but I think he might like it....

So yeah... That's an insanely LONG list, but I think that those are a few good one's that 12-13 year old boy MIGHT like!


7 comments:

  1. I actually haven't read any of these, though a few of them are ones that are on my TBR list! Percy Jackson is a series I've been meaning to read for awhile! I've seen the movie of Hoot and loved it, but for some reason I've never read the book. I need to! Great list! Also, have you or your brother ever read Artemis Fowl? I love the first few books in that series and it seems like one that would go well with these books! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked the Artemsis Fowl series! And currently I'm trying to convince my brother to read them! And Hoot is SO GOOD! Way better than the movie! (I adore all of Hiaasen's books!)
      AND GO READ PERCY JACKSON!
      THanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I've read some of these, not all. And idk if The Hobbit is really a good idea for a 13-year-old. I mean, I tried to read it, and it's so...dry, kind of hard to get into. I know my brother also loves the Ranger's Apprentice series, the I Am Number Four series, and all of Rick Riordan's series.
    Rachel @ The NerdHerd Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. I work part-time in a school library, and the middle-school boys seem to LOVE Haddix and the Ranger's Apprentice series.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read The Compound and I really liked it. I think a 13 year old boy would too. I recently discovered that there's a second book that came out in September, so I'm looking forward to reading that one too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so helpful! I never know what to recommend to young boys except for the big-time titles. Looks like our lists match up, though I didn't know Not a Drop to Drink would make for a good boy book. So thank you, Calla!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES!!! MAGYK IS FANTASTIC!!!!!!!! Such a delightfully ongoing series. <3 I was way older than 13 when I started it and I still enjoyed it. :) My bro read it too, and he liked it too so here's my informal testimonial on his behalf. :P

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment, about anything really, you will make my day, maybe even my week if it's a really great comment! =D Anyhow I will try to respond and if you have a blog, leave me the link! I would love to check it out!!