Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Covers that need a Redesign

Top Ten Tuesdays is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish!

THIS WEEK'S TOPIC IS:
Top Ten Covers I want to Redesign
Let's face it, there are some hideous covers out there. Like awful, eye-burning covers. And there are a few that I desperately want to change! So here they are!
Covet (The Clann, #2)1.) Covet by Melissa Darnell~ DO YOU SEE THIS COVER! Ugh! It is beyond AWFUL! I mean LOOK AT HER FACE! (I haven't actually read this book, but I did read the first one!) 
Stork (Stork, #1)
2.) Stork by Wendy Delsol~ I love this book (and the next one) A LOT! But I almost didn't read it because the cover seemed so BLAH! And also just creepy! There were so many fun directions the designers could have taken and instead they created that thing....
Inside Out (Insider, #1)

3.) Inside Out by Maria V. Synder She looks bald... unless you look closely.. Also what does this have to do with the book? If someone can explain this, that would be great... Also the cover gives away an important fact in the book which could ruin it for some people..



Serial HottieWhenever (A Time Travel Romance)4.) Whenever by Emily Evans Okay what happened here? Was she in a torrential downpour? Did she not wash her hair? And on top of that, HOW DOES IT RELATE TO THE BOOK?
Cassie Scot: ParaNormal Detective
5.) Serial Hottie by Kellie Oram This is just UGLY and the author deserves a better cover!


6.) Cassie Scot~ I talk about this cover a lot, but it's just UGLY..... But the second one's even worse....Secrets and Lies (Cassie Scot, #2)
7.) Crewel by Gennifer Albin~ Just go back to the hardcover version! That one was super pretty!!!

Adventures in Funeral Crashing (Funeral Crashing, #1)Crewel (Crewel World, #1)8.) Adventures in Funeral Crashing~ Such a FUN book, but the cover is so little kiddish and blah.... I don't even understand the background. And the person looks like their knees are shaking, but in the book the MC would never have let that happen...... I'm just confused.







Marie Antoinette, Serial Killer9.) Marie Atoinette Serial Killer~ There was so much potential for an AMAZING cover, instead this one just flopped....

Perfect Cover (The Squad, #1)10.) The Squad~ Once again a great book with a BORING cover!


So what do you think? 
Do you agree with any of my picks?
Leave a link below so I can see yours!!

6 comments:

  1. I agree with you on the Covet cover. It looks absolutely horrible! The model looks like she's stoned or something. Also, I totally agree with you on the cover for Crewel! Why did they have to change it?!?! It was so beautiful and vibrant. Plus the cover was this bright green!!! Now it just looks weird and I don't like the hourglass thing. Awesome TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though I looooove Maria V. Snyder's books, I can see your point with this cover. I for one really liked the UK covers because I liked seeing the pipes, it felt more true to the story.

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty sure that I've missed good books before because of rubbish covers. Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree on Crewel, although I know for the sequel that it makes sense why it looks that way. Guess they wanted to make them "match". I had that issue with a couple of books on my list as well.
    Check out my Top 10

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. - I'm a new Networked Blogs follower.

      Delete
  5. I agree, some of these covers are really ugly! Though, I love the colors used on the Stork cover. The Squad! I love those books! Yeah, the covers are a little boring for them.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment, about anything really, you will make my day, maybe even my week if it's a really great comment! =D Anyhow I will try to respond and if you have a blog, leave me the link! I would love to check it out!!