Monday, January 20, 2014

A Mini Hiatus, because yeah... It's that time of the year...

So I don't know if you've noticed by my posting this past month has fallen... a lot. And there are a lot of reasons.  One being the rapidly approaching horror you may all know as midterms. YUCK! So that's one of my main reasons, I guess... Also just some personal other stuff.

But there is another reason.

For the past month or so I haven't felt quite satisfied with my blog. I haven't been liking the design. I haven't been able to think of any good post topics, I haven't wanted to write any reviews... so I just haven't.

And then I started getting more and more spam comments about living green... and it's been a drag.

When I started my blog I created everything from the title to the original design (it has since changed) in a spam of an hour. I didn't put a lot of thought into the name, or anything else really. And it's been bothering me. I'm to the point where I need change.

So for the past 24 hours (that's a long time of consideration for me) I've been thinking about how I plan to change this.

And I've come up with a solution, I'm going to revamp my blog, in every way possible. I'm going to change the name, (I have something in mind now) and I'm going to complete redesign the entire thing...

This was actually something I put a lot of thought into (shockingly, have I mentioned my impulsiveness yet?) and I'm really nervous about it. I already am a fairly established blog... I mean definitely not super established, but I have a couple hundred followers, I think there are some people out there who know my url... and the thought that maybe I'll lose people because of that is kind of scary.

But that's the thing. I'm not happy with my blog, and my happiness is the thing I care most about. I want to be satisfied with what I'm doing so I'm making the choice to change everything... And I really think that's the right choice for me...

Thus, until further notice I'll be on a hiatus, taking midterms and working to change the world my blog.

Although I think I have some prescheduled posts going up... so YAY maybe you'll see those!

(Also by the way, any hints to changing my url on bloglovin'?)

1 comment:

  1. As long as you're happy with your blog, that's what matters! I love your current blog, but I'm looking forward to seeing your new blog name and design, Cal! I'm sure everything will look even more AMAZING and AWESOME when you finish! And Good Luck with midterms!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment, about anything really, you will make my day, maybe even my week if it's a really great comment! =D Anyhow I will try to respond and if you have a blog, leave me the link! I would love to check it out!!