Friday, January 3, 2014

The Best experiences of 2013: The Bookish and Non-Bookish

What is this? IT'S ALMOST 2014?! Where did this year go?
*mutters about the insanity of time*
Anyhow... With the end of the year comes me looking over much of the year.
The good experience and the bad. (Still trying to block out all bad things! LOL!
And because of that I wanted to do a post about all the stuff that's happened to me this year! So here it goes!

1.) Starting a book blog! DUH! I began my blog March 31st  and it may have been one of the best experiences ever! Sure my blog started out a little bit rough, but since then I've begun to feel really proud of it! My blog has helped to open me up to new experiences and also helped me to discover who I am. Because of blogging I've also managed to discover SO many new and amazing books!

2.) Next up is the friends I've made this past year! (I actually have a post on this going into more detail.) This year I've met so many new people, both through blogging and also in general and that for me is fantastic. I'm definitely not the most friendly person out there! (Introvert for LIFE! Thus the reason why friends are super special if I actually don't mind talking to them!)

3.) Getting to work with some of my favorite authors as well as getting to know and love new ones. This past year I actually had the chance to work with Elle Strauss, who quite possible is one of my favorite authors out there. Getting to do a character interview with her was beyond what I ever believed would be possible! (Don't even get me started on how excited I was when some of my fav authors followed me on Twitter.... like O_O)

4.) THE BOOKS! This happens to be another of those duh, moments... Because clearly I've read some FANTASTIC books this year!

5.) Winning giveaways. (Yeessss... WITH AN S! As in multiple!) I actually won quite a few giveaways! And that was probably one of the most amazing things ever! I got some books I'd been DYING to read before they even came out!

And now for some non-bookish happenings... because I'm sure you're all dying to hear about my personal life! (JK... but I like to see things and by doing this it makes me feel happy!)

1.) By far one of the most exciting things that happened to me was that I went on a backpacking trip.... Alone... Well not alone, but I just mean without my parents and brother. I was gone for 7 days and was in a different state from my parents with no phone, internet connection or anything else. It was my first time being completely away from then, like not being able to talk to them or anything... So for me that experience was incredible. The whether absolutely sucked (think pouring rain above tree line with 60 mph winds! O_O) but the experience really made me grow and change as a person!

2.) One of my other favorite things that happened this year was that I went with my French class on a trip to Quebec! I had previously never been out of the country, so this was super exciting! I loved going and it really was such a beautiful place! (Even though it was snowing like crazy and I had only brought sneakers! Lol!)

3.) I also began volunteering at an animal shelter which has been such an amazing experience... I'm not even a big fan of cats but being able to go there and feel like maybe I am helping something in the world, makes me feel happy!

And that's about all I have to say! Clearly not a lot, but those have definitely been some of the high lights of last year! (It feels crazy saying that! I can't believe it's 2014 already!) So everyone, what are some of the best things that have happened to you in 2013? Anything you care to share????

1 comment:

  1. Blogging was one of my best experiences of last year too! If I hadn't started blogging, I wouldn't have been able to talk to you and all the other wonderful bookish people I have already! And yes, THE BOOKS! Amazing books were published last year, and even more amazing ones look like they will be published this year! Getting to volunteer at an animal shelter would be great, but I have a feeling I would just want to adopt all of the animals and I don't think my parents would be okay with adopting all of them... :) It looks like you had a great 2013! I hope 2014 is even better! Have a great and wonderful year! :)

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment, about anything really, you will make my day, maybe even my week if it's a really great comment! =D Anyhow I will try to respond and if you have a blog, leave me the link! I would love to check it out!!