Monday, February 10, 2014

Kelly Oram's Battle of the Book Boyfriends

Displaying BOYFRIENDS_banner.jpgToday, I would like to share an interesting fact with you all. There is no doubt in my mind that Kelly Oram writes some of the most fabulous books in the world.
Well... If you know me you may have already heard of my adoration for all of her books, but I thought that I should attempt to share this even more! That's why I'm so excited to get to participate in her Battle of the Book Boyfriends event!
You can find the rest of the schedule HERE!



As many of you all know, Valentine's Day happens to be this upcoming Friday! So I am so excited to share a bit about why I LOVE two of Kelly's characters, Grayson and Ryan.
Displaying BOYFRIENDS_grayson.jpgDisplaying BOYFRIENDS_ryan.jpg
(Aren't the buttons AMAZING??)

Which to start off with....Oh the choices. Well let me start with Grayson Kennedy from The Avery Shaw Experiment. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that this is most likely the absolute best of Kelly's books. Why? Because it's hilarious and fun and the characters are fantastic!
The Avery Shaw ExperimentWhen Avery Shaw’s heart is shattered by her life-long best friend, she chooses to deal with it the only way she knows how—scientifically. 

The state science fair is coming up and Avery decides to use her broken heart as the topic of her experiment. She’s going to find the cure. By forcing herself to experience the seven stages of grief through a series of social tests, she believes she will be able to get over Aiden Kennedy and make herself ready to love again. But she can’t do this experiment alone, and her partner (ex partner!) is the one who broke her heart.

Avery finds the solution to her troubles in the form of Aiden’s older brother Grayson. The gorgeous womanizer is about to be kicked off the school basketball team for failing physics. He’s in need of a good tutor and some serious extra credit. But when Avery recruits the lovable Grayson to be her “objective outside observer,” she gets a whole lot more than she bargained for, because Grayson has a theory of his own: Avery doesn’t need to grieve. She needs to live. And if there’s one thing Grayson Kennedy is good at, it’s living life to the fullest.
But let's focus a bit more on Grayson... Shall we?

So Grayson is Aiden's older brother. Aiden is Avery's best friend in the entire world. Avery loves him. And then he dumps their friendship and acts like she doesn't exist. So she comes up with an experiment for the science fair to help her get over him. Of course Grayson's there to help her out...
Get it?

So basically Grayson is perfect in every single way. He's always there for Avery and has her back no matter what. He loves her and THEY ARE JUST SO ADORABLE!

"Yes I do. You are so horny it's unhealthy. You burp in my face every time you eat onions, and you don't bother to leave the room before you fart. This afternoon you dripped your sweat on me. On purpose!"

He's a real charmer, isn't he?

Okay I'm kidding. One of the things I love about him is the character growth he goes through, throughout the course of the book. He starts out as more of a player, but as the book goes on he clearly loves Avery. Plus on top of his devotion to her, he happens to be pretty good looking!

"As Grayson watched me, his eyes sparkled in the dim light, making him look like he'd just stepped off the set of a Hollywood movie. Aside from his tall broad frame and amazing body, Grayson Kennedy had the entire package where looks were concerned. He was Spanish Fork High's golden boy: hair the color of amber, eyes so blue they looked unreal, and golden skin that didn't have a single blemish, freckle, or scar."

Then on top of that he's just adorable!

'Will you be my girlfriend, Avery? Officially, I mean?"

Grayson Kennedy is one of my favorite book boyfriends. He says so many things that are so extremely quote worthy that I can't even write them all down and half of them make no sense when they're out of context.... Anyhow. Grayson is definitely one swoon worthy guy. His love and devotion to Avery is just adorable and perfect!

Now onto Ryan from Being Jamie Baker!
Being Jamie Baker (Jamie Baker, #1)An accident that should end in tragedy instead gives seventeen-year-old Jamie Baker a slew of uncontrollable superhuman abilities. To keep her secret safe Jamie socially exiles herself, earning the title of Rocklin High's resident ice queen. But during a supercharged encounter with star quarterback Ryan Miller she literally kisses anonymity goodbye. Now the annoyingly irresistible Ryan will stop at nothing to melt the heart of the ice queen and find out what makes her so special. Unfortunately, Ryan is not the only person on to her secret. Will Jamie learn to contain her unstable powers before being discovered by the media or turned into a government lab rat? More importantly, can she throw Ryan Miller off her trail before falling in love with him?





First of all I would love to say that Ryan completely broke my heart in More Than Jamie Baker! (And I hate being biased or anything, but he is my absolute favorite book boyfriend....He totally beats out Grayson!)

Ryan completely breaks down Jamie's walls. He is persistent to no end and really is just adorable. The quote that I really want to share from him is a spoiler..... so yeah... That's not going to happen. Good reason why you should read the second book though!

Here's the quote where I first fell in love with Ryan:

"Here's the thing," Ryan finally began. "If I can't kiss you by the end of lunch, then I have to let Mike take Becky Eastman to homecoming, and I already made dinner reservations at her favorite restaurant."

or maybe it was this part!

"The next thing I knew, my feet were off the ground and I was squished so tightly to Ryan's arms that I could barely breathe. 
"Okay, Ryan?" I coughed in a hushed tone. 'This is exactly the kind of thing that can get you killed."
"I don't care, I'm not letting go. Don't ever disappear like that again!" he scolded, but his voice was more relieved than angry. "It's been days! You had your mother worried sick!"
"My mother?" I questioned sarcastically."

Clearly I'm not the best quote picker, but there is no doubt in my mind that these two guys are the best out there!


a Rafflecopter giveaway

1 comment:

  1. I haven't read either of these books :-(
    I hadn't checked out your blog for a while and I come around and it is so different! The header and background!!! It all looks great :-)

    Loved the post!

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment, about anything really, you will make my day, maybe even my week if it's a really great comment! =D Anyhow I will try to respond and if you have a blog, leave me the link! I would love to check it out!!